10 Ways To Get Organized For The New Semester

How to get yourself organized for new classes.

1585

New year, new semester, new classes, new you. Why not get organized? I always say I will, but then I never really do. So why not start now since it's a new semester? Here are a few fun ways you can get organized and they don't take long at all.

1. Clean up your area:

Whether that be your dorm, desk area or room clean it up. You'll feel so much better after you do. I promise. You will also know where everything is now.

2. Get a planner:

A planner is one of the only ways to stay organized and remember everything that you have to do. I would suggest getting an actual planner but if you're always on your phone then I would get an app. But get a planner. You can't be organized without one. Keep it with you because there will be a time when you forget what you have planned for that day. Oh, and color code it if you have multiple things on one day.

3. Get a wall calendar:

You'll thank me later. But get a wall calendar. You'll need it to write all your assignments, tests, and project dates on it! It will save you stress if you get one. We've all been there and had those times when we forgot about a paper until the night before. Trust me it will save you stress and sleep. The ones that are big and dry erase are the best to be honest.

4. Be motivated:

You have to be motivated to get all of this done. Without motivation, you just won't care. So get a goal to motivate yourself. Think about spring break plans, maybe you want a certain GPA, etc. But you have to be motivated to want to do this.

5. Stick to a schedule:

If you make a schedule for each day (assuming you have classes at different times every other day). Make a m/w/f schedule and a t/th schedule. From when you get up, have class, do homework, workout, and sleep. Stick to that schedule too. You'll be and feel more organized. Writing it down and seeing what you have to do for that day helps a lot!

6. Make time for yourself every day:

To nap, read a book, write, reflect on your day or anything. But make time for yourself so you don't get overwhelmed.

7. Have all your school supplies:

Books, pens, paper, pencils, sticky notes, highlighters, sharpies, etc. I mean you never know when you'll need them. Also get a notebook, folder/ binder strictly for each class. I know some people use a big notebook for each class but that's for sure the opposite of being organized.

8. Color coordinate your binders, notebooks

Assign a color for each class you have (blue, green, red, etc) and buy that color folders, notebooks and binders for the class. This way you won't ever forget a notebook at home for one class or bring the wrong one.

9. Determine your time:

Are you more a morning person or night person? Determine what you are and then do your most important stuff during that time. You don't want to do homework during the time you're most sluggish. Doing your most important things during the time when you're most alert and awake will help you finish it and do it right.

10. Sleep:

Get plenty of sleep. Get as much as you can because you don't want to make up in the morning tired and feeling like the day is gonna be bad. Stick to your schedule and make sure you get your 8 hours of sleep. It may sound hard, but if you put it in your schedule what time you need to go to bed you'll achieve it.

If you're trying to get more organized for this new year try some of those out. It'll help a lot I can assure you of that! You'll more clean, happy, and have less stress!