10 Ways To Recover From Your Spring Break Trip

Time to face the music.

138

Unfortunately, spring break is over, and it’s time, once again, to face the music. Your one-week teaser of summer vacation has come to a tragic close. On the bright side, the semester is over in about a month and a half.

In the meantime, here are some tips on how to safely recover from your spring break experience.

1. Hit the gym.

If you're like most, the last thing you were concerned about over break was getting to the gym because your "spring break bod" was all ready to go... or maybe it never got there in the first place. However, like I said, summer vacay is only a month and a half away. Somehow, you need to turn your spring bod into your summer bod. If you're like me, you're not particularly concerned with this aspect, but I know plenty of people who are. So time to bang out your daily workout routine starting ASAP!

2. Go grocery shopping.

If you’ve been gone for a week, chances are that all your snacks have been eaten and everything in your refrigerator has gone bad. You're going to need some snacks and healthy meal choices to get you through the next few weeks, so hit up your local grocery store of choice and replenish all of the food that has seen better days.

3. Eat healthily.

When you're at the grocery store, you should be on the lookout for healthy food. A bag of potato chips here and there won’t hurt, but try to keep it to a minimum. If you’re anything like most, you’ve had nothing but junk food and alcohol for a week straight, and your body deserves a break. Summer fruits and veggies are coming into season (YUM!), so don’t hesitate to pick up a few extra when you're at the grocery store.

4. Keep yourself organized.

It's likely that your planner has been doing nothing but collecting dust for the past week, because who ever heard of doing homework when you're on vacation? Check your planner and make sure you know what your obligations are for the week if you even wrote them down because you don’t want to miss anything important while you were reminiscing about your spring break trip.

5. Catch up on homework.

I assume very few people were lounging around on the beach doing their homework for the week, so make a day out of catching up on homework. Put all of your procrastination habits aside and kick that homework in the butt. Midterms are probably staring you in the face, too, so let's hope you didn't forget everything about the first half of the semester. You had fun for a week, but now it’s time to put in that work.

6. Do some laundry!

You now have a week’s worth of swimsuits, shorts, and tank tops to wash. Make sure to put laundry at the top of your priority list because it is nearly impossible to live out of a suitcase. Also, if you didn't do laundry before you left for your trip, chances are there's an angry pile of dirty laundry stinking up the corner of your room. Throw all of your clothes in the washer so you can ensure they are clean for your next adventure.

7. Go back to work.

Your trip probably took a good chunk out of your bank account, so it’s time to replenish. I know going back to your job doesn’t seem like the ideal thing to be doing, but trust me, it will pay off. Plus, you NEED to save up for summer, or else what are you going to do then? The sooner you get back to work, the sooner you can start saving money for a new trip.

8. Reply to your emails.

Many of us were without WiFi during our break and using our entire data plans was out of the question, so many important emails may have gone unnoticed. Give yourself at least half an hour to sit down and read/reply to all of your emails. I’m sure there’s something in there that’s super important that got brushed aside. It could be something as simple as a coupon to your favorite online shopping outlet, or something as complex as an email from your professor.

9. Post a few photos.

Again, since you finally have some decent WiFi, post all of your photos from your trip. I know the urge to post 17 pictures in one sitting is there, but pick your favorites and go with those. You should be just as excited to see other people’s pics as you are to post yours, so have a good time scrolling through your feed to relive your trip one last time.

10. Don't forget all the good times you had.

Just because it’s over doesn’t mean it needs to be forgotten! Spring break trips are probably some of your best college memories, so why forget about them? You just have to push those memories to the backburner while you take care of business, but there's nothing wrong with the occasional daydream.