10 Underrated Bands You Should Be Listening To

Expand your musical horizons.

173
Toria Clarke

Music is one of those things that’s always changing. Personally, I love listening to new artists and learning about different bands because it allows me to diversify my music choices and allows me to listen to a little bit of everything. A lot of times, you’ll hear someone say “oh I knew this song way before it was popular,” and it makes you wonder what kinds of other songs an artist may have that could be as good as the ‘popular’ song you hear on the radio. If you’re looking to expand your music horizons, here are a few artists that are a little less popular that I think you should give a listen to.

The Mowgli’s

The Mowgli’s are an American, alternative rock band who have been around since 2010.

Royal Teeth

If you’re looking for an indie/pop kind of jam, Royal Teeth will have you covered.

Rooney

Rooney specializes in alternative and indie rock and has often been compared to late 1980’s bands, like The Beatles.

The Brobecks

If you’re a fan of Panic! At the Disco, you’ll probably like The Brobecks. Why? Panic!’s bassist, Dallon Weekes, is a part of The Brobecks and has written a good portion of their songs.

Local Natives

If indie rock is your thing, Local Natives has some great songs you can jam out to.

Miike Snow

The Swedish indie pop band has been producing some hits since 2007. I still listen to their song ‘Animal’ and get pumped when it comes on.

The Griswolds

These goofy Australian dudes are great when you’re in the mood for some indie rock music to chill to. Be on the lookout for their new album, which should be released soon.

Tame Impala

Tame Impala’s music is different in the fact that it’s a lot of different noises and not a lot of lyrics. I think their music is great to study to or just relax with.

Leon Bridges

Bridges is a gospel and soul singer, but not all of his music is centered on worship. He has incredible talent, and I feel like he needs some more recognition.

Bad Suns

Want to jam to some rock? Bad Suns is your band. With most of their music being inspired by 1970’s and 1980s post-punk bands, you really can’t go wrong.