10 Tips For The Beach

10 Tips For The Beach

Love the beach? Read this for some tips!

6
10 Tips For The Beach
Personal photo

For many people, summertime means beach time! The beach, with its soft sands and steady waves, is the favorite place of many. These tips are perfect for your next beach vacation!

1. Take an extra pair of sunglasses.

Sunglasses are a beach essential, but they often break or come up missing. Keeping an extra pair somewhere is a great plan in case you're not in a place where you can buy a new pair for $5. Plus, multiple pairs of sunglasses means different looks!

2. Sunscreen!

This is so obvious. Nobody likes being so burnt you can't move. Especially if you're as pale as I am (which is REALLY pale,) you should make sure you reapply once in a while. If you plan on going in the ocean, you should also make sure it's waterproof.

3. Socks

This sounds weird, but a tip I learned from my grandma, putting socks on while walking on the beach is super helpful. Walking on hot sand is really painful and flip flops do absolutely nothing. Socks cover your feet, won't come off and get very little sand in them while walking across the beach!

4. An extra swimsuit

If you're a person who goes to the beach in the morning, goes back to the hotel/house for awhile and then returns to the beach, an extra swimsuit can be a life-saver. This allows you to change without worrying about putting a wet swimsuit back on. It also gives you a chance to get the sand out of them.

5. Drink WATER!

A combination of the sun draining you and the salt water sucking all the moisture from your body can lead to fatigue and dehydration. So, bring a cooler with a few waters in it. Try to drink water instead of drinks that won't hydrate you like soda. You'll feel so much better.

6. Set a spending limit.

I'm a sucker for souvenirs, and of course they're never cheap. Set a limit on how much you want to spend on these so you don't end up buying four shirts, a mug and a magnet for every person you know. The spending limit is also helpful for (unnecessary) food. Food on the boardwalk is not cheap, and while it's not bad to get it once in awhile, make sure you get groceries so you're not forced to spend $30 a day on food.

7. Try something new!

Most people will go out at least once while on vacation. Rather than go to a restaurant you have at home, try a local restaurant. Check out places online to see the reviews, prices and menus. If you're looking for something really extravagant, Medieval Times and other dinner shows are a great option too.

8. Take a chair.

It doesn't have to be a fancy beach chair. A cheap camping chair works perfectly. Chairs are great for staying less sandy. They're also nice for sitting right by the water. They're well worth lugging down with you.

9. Keep your personal items safe

Putting electronics into Ziploc bags keeps them from getting sandy. However, you should also be careful about where you keep your personal items. You don't want anything to come up missing, so only take what you really need to and keep it in a safe place.

10. Have FUN!

The whole point of a beach vacation is to relax and have fun. So, worry less and do just that!