10 Tips For Someone With a Busy Schedule

We all have busy lives. I've found, that as time goes on, I not only learn how to manage my time better, but I also add more things into my already packed schedule. This is not the best way to balance my schedule. But, with some hard work and dedication, you can tame any busy schedule by following these 10 simple pieces of advice:

1. Don't leave everything until the last minute.

Sometimes it's best to get things done as soon as you think about them. Because once you push them from your mind, they will only come back to you at the worst possible time.

2. Keep your room organized.

I know it sounds silly, but this is so important. You don’t need to be budgeting an hour and a half a week to clean your messy room when you can just keep it clean by picking up after yourself daily.

3. Always make a schedule.

Writing down a schedule of each day isn’t a bad idea. In order to keep on top of things, and remember to make it to everything, you’ll need to write a few things down.

4. Don't over-involve yourself.

It might be best to let a few things go. If they don’t interest you, or benefit you, then you don’t need to be a part of them. It’s better to lose a few things from you hectic schedule than to add any more.

5. Make your bed every day.

Once again, this sounds silly. But, making your bed every day will put you into a productive mood and make your day start on a better note than it would have.

6. If you need help, ask for it.

We aren’t superheroes. We can’t do it all. Sometimes you need help, and you are not weak for asking for it. You’re smarter for asking for it.

7. Make sure you budget some time to relax.

Relaxing is so important. Sometimes you just need to lay your head down for a nap in order to make the best of your day. Make time to relax, because it will definitely benefit you.

8. Procrastination is not the key to success.

Procrastination is never going to get you anywhere in life, except for in bed very very late. Don’t leave a paper until the last day, don’t push your work aside, don’t say that you’ll “just do it later," because you will regret it.

9. Try to go to bed early.

Sleep Is the key to success. Nothing is better than finally being able to rest after a long day, and nothing is worse than not getting enough sleep.

10. Take a mental health day.

I know it’s not a real excuse. But sometimes you need to take off or skip class because you have to take a breather from all that is your crazy life.