10 Times Taylor Swift Totally Got Midterm Week

The Queen of Pop understands a whole lot more than heartbreak.

Everyone knows her as the queen of falling in love, breakups, and heartache, but is there truly anything Taylor Swift doesn't get about us? Turns out, Taylor Swift lyrics can perfectly sum up every thought, from panic to desperation to acceptance, that we have all experienced during midterms. In honor of it being midterm week, here are ten times Ms. Swift understood everything you're feeling right now.

1. “I think about summer all the beautiful times.”

Thinking back to the days of zero academic obligations and perfect weather is a slippery slope during midterm week; however, sometimes dreaming of summer is the only way to keep your head up when you’re piling on exam preparation.

2. “You paint me a blue sky then go back and turn it to rain.”

We’ve all had that professor or class that seemed easier at first impression, definitely not something to freak out about. Then midterm week rolls around and the class you thought would require the least work ends up needing the most preparation, along with all the classes you already knew would be hard. So long, hope.

3. “I back look in regret, I ignored when they said run as fast as you can.”

Everyone told you it would be an extremely rigorous course, Rate My Professor screamed that the exams were difficult, but you went for it anyway. Good going.

4. “Wasn’t it easier in your lunchbox days? Wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything and everybody believed in you?”

Suddenly, growing up never felt so miserable. Why do we have to do it? Why can’t my hardest homework assignment still be the multiplication tables? Why do I even try?

5. “It’s getting dark and it’s all too quiet and I can’t trust anything now, and it’s coming over you like it’s all a big mistake.”

Before you know it, it’s five minutes till closing at the library and you’re the only person left at the study tables. You didn’t even realize the sun had set. Did you even eat lunch yet? Who has time to look out the window or eat, you’ve got cramming to do.

6. “And I realized the blame is on me, ‘cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in.”

Whether it is a class you almost didn’t take because you knew it was insane to take at the same time as your other extremely hard class, or the one where since day one you have been over your head in reading and assignments, it takes everything in you not to blame the professors, their teaching methods or their test-writing skills for the impossibility of you getting an A. Time to own up that this is no one’s fault but your own.

7. “Looking so innocent I might believe you if I didn’t know.”

When a professor says something like they’re doing you a favor because the majority of the test will be multiple choice. While this may be somewhat helpful, you know as well as the professor does that just because it is multiple choice doesn’t mean its going to be easy. Welcome to the real world.

8. “I took a chance, I took a shot, and you might think I’m bulletproof but I’m not.”

The horrible anxiety of how to tell your parents that, in no better words, you’re screwed. Whether you anxiously text them at 4:00 a.m. the night before your exam or you panic right after you turn it in and call them in tears to tell them you probably bombed it. Either way, they have to understand that nobody is perfect…right?

9. “You can write a book on how to ruin someone’s perfect day.”

Even the classes you love or the courses you wanted to love get you down during midterm week. The subjects you once found so interesting suddenly hold no appeal when you have to write a paper, study for a test, and do a normal day’s homework for every single one of your classes.

10. “Today is never too late to be brand new.”

That wonderful feeling when you find out you didn’t do as bad as you thought, perhaps you call your parents to tell them as it turns out, you really are perfect.

Or on the other hand, maybe you actually didn’t do so hot on one of your midterms and for a minute you’re really down on yourself for not doing better. Regardless, sooner or later you will realize, no matter how bad you do, that this is a chance to improve and learn from mistakes. One bad midterm won’t determine your entire future. Eventually, you’ll pick yourself up and try again finals week.