10 Things You Should Tell Yourself More Often

Because odds are you don't hear it enough.
148

It is so easy to lose track of important things when we live such hectic lives. Most importantly, we often forget to lift ourselves up. So the next time you're feeling a little down or just want to give yourself a pick me up, say one of these 10 things to put a smile on your face.

1. I am strong.

Sometimes life knocks us off of our feet and it is easy to feel weak and broken and torn down, but you have to remember that you can do this. Life is full of highs and lows and in order to succeed, you must first go through some trials and tribulations first. You are not alone and you are not going to fail, you are going to lift your chin high and keep pushing through because you are strong!

2. I am beautiful.

Nowadays it is hard to truly feel like you are good enough. To feel confident in the size you wear, your appearance, style, weight, age, anything and everything. We consistently deal with social media on a daily basis putting a certain view of beauty into our heads and it is easy to feel unworthy, but this is your daily reminder that you are beautiful and you are enough as you are.

3. I am worthy.

A generation where a relationship could go on for months without a label and commitment having become a long-lost ideal it is easy to just feel like a pawn being used in a strange game. A generation where friends hardly last because last nights hookup and having more Instagram likes is prioritized over memories and genuine connections. You worth is not defined by people who do not value you, your worth is defined by the very people who do. The ones who won't trade you for the next best thing that comes along.

4. I am capable.

No matter how hard a task may feel, how impossible it may seem, you can do it. The impossible can never truly be impossible if you don't try first. You do not know your limits unless they are tested. Don't be afraid to go beyond your comfort zone to explore new horizons. You won't know your true potential if you do not travel beyond your current standards. You are capable.

5. I am empowered.

There is motivation to succeed and be all that you can in each day. Whether it be your parents, your friends, or just yourself. You have motivators, cheerleaders, and supporters all around you. You may not be looking in the right place. Take each day to empower yourself and lift yourself up. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you love yourself and that you are worthy.

6. I am not going to be confined.

Do not allow yourself to be confined and contained into a box. Do not let others' opinions keep you from reaching your full potential. Push yourself beyond the little minded expectations that people have set for you. Exceed beyond them and prove the ones who have doubted you wrong. The greatest revenge is success.

7. I am not going to be belittled.

If there is one piece of advice that I believe people need to be reminded of more, it is this. Stop letting other people run your life. You need to stand strong, keep your chin high, and be proud of who you are no matter who may try to tear you down. There are going to be people in your life that are envious of your success and will try to make you wallow in misery, but that is when you rise up above the negativity.

8. I am not going to be anything less than the standards I have set for myself.

It is so incredibly easy to get into a rut of self-doubt and pity and want to give up when life gets hard. This is not when you let yourself settle. This is when you remember the goals you have set for yourself and use your failures as motivation to push even harder to achieve them.

9. I can do this.

No matter what task is at hand for the day, just believe in yourself and take it one day at a time. No that you are capable of tackling all that is in front of you. Nothing is too much to handle or too overwhelming for you to control. You can do this.

10. I love myself.

This is THE most important thing for you to be telling yourself more often. Loving others, healthy relationships, and genuine happiness all start from this simple saying. "I love me". Being able to accept and love yourself for all that you are is entirely important to continuing to live a positive life. So start every morning with a reminder to love yourself.