10 Things You Should Do When You're Single

Being single isn't always easy, but add these items to your life to make it easier

17
Unzippedtv

Whether its been two years or you’ve just become single, it is a journey and a time in our lives we all find ourselves in, and it’s not always the easiest. We are constantly bombarded with romantic dramas and comedies where people fall in love in the strangest ways, Christmas commercials of the perfect gifts for "the one", and of course now winter has been deemed “cuffing season”. Being single is not only a period in our lives but it is also a journey, and an important one at that. You have a lot to take advantage of in your time flying solo, so here’s just a few of the many things you should definitely, 100 percent, always do when you’re a single pringle.

1. Make time and plans for friends and family

This is the time where you aren’t gonna have to split holidays or go out and get the seal of approval from the best friends. You can get breakfast with your parents and siblings, have fun sleepovers, go on family and friend dates and just spend time with your loved ones. Cause the special thing about friends and family, they are there for you through anything.

2. Hit The Gym

Now I’m not saying you aren’t already attractive, because truly everyone is perfect in their own way. However, especially if you are newly single, you can get down in the dumps about how you look without that extra boost from a lover. Not only are you getting a new, bangin' body to make the ex jealous and the newcomers pining for more, but you’re of course releasing endorphins and that makes you overall happier. The gym is a great way to improve yourself image, your health and your overall happiness. I know since I have been single and incorporated the gym into my daily life, my happiness and self confidence have gone through the roof. Trust me, people pick up on this positivity and it makes you even more attractive.

3. Go Shopping

Sometimes being single gets you feeling some low self esteem, we have all had those times. As silly and materialistic as this may sound, a new top, new jeans, dress or shoes, can really give you a confidence boost. Not to mention with your new body you’re getting from working your butt off at the gym, you will have a brand new outfit to match. Again, people pick up on your high self esteem and it makes you all the more attractive. Just make sure you aren’t breaking the bank. Plus, you’re gonna need some good looking stuff for all the dates you’re gonna be going on.

4. Work Harder

Whether in school or at your job, a person you’re dating can take away your focus. By channeling your energy into these items you are doing two things. One, you are diverting your focus away from being single and focusing on what’s important. Two, this could help you get farther and thus happier in life. Furthering your career and focusing on school work not only makes you feel more fulfilled in life but shows you that relationships are such a minor part of what is really important in life.

5. Stay In

It’s important to take time to yourself, now that you finally can. Order takeout, turn on your favorite movie and curl up in your favorite pajamas and enjoy. Or buy some of those fancy face masks and treatments and pamper yourself with an at home spa day. Maybe it’s time to finally start that latest DIY project you have wanted forever. Whatever your favorite past time is, devote a night every once in awhile to it. It is important to have this alone time not only to know that you don’t need someone else to have a good time, but you really should focus on yourself. It can help put your mind at ease and allow you to feel care free in this hectic world we live in.

6. Go Out

Yes, I realize I just said stay in. Some nights you should stay in for your own mental health. But it sure is awesome when you can get all dolled up, get a great group of friends together and go for a night on the town. Whether it’s a fancy dinner or going to the coolest night club, get your booty out there. This is fun, gets you excited, lets you have quality time with friends and gets you back out there in the world. Maybe you meet a new romance or just have a fun night flirting and getting some free drinks sent your way. And don’t forget, you have been working out and have a fire outfit to put on so make the most of a great night and hopefully many of them.

7. Travel

Whether it’s a weekend at the beach or you have some money saved up for a week in Europe, get out there and explore the world. This is the best time to go where you wanna go and not be held back.

8. Be Adventurous

Whatever you have always wanted to do, go do it. You never know when you are gonna have to put your life on hold for "the one". Big or small, you should be doing you. Create memories on your own so you can share them with someone special.

9. Love Being Single

Sometimes it's hard and yeah it can get lonely. But being single is so great. This is the time you have to experiment, meet new people without limits, test out the qualities you like and don’t like and learn. Learn who you are by yourself, learn what makes you special and amazing, learn how flipping awesome you are. Being single is such a special time where you are on your own schedule and can focus on you. You will discover a lot not only about yourself, but the world and what you want out of it.

10. Love Yourself

This is the most important part of being single. Everyday you should get up and recite three mantras to yourself, whatever three things you need to know every morning to conquer the day. Whether it be your beauty, your confidence, your personality, your smile or your career, remind yourself everyday how awesome you are. You do not need to rely on anybody but yourself. It is nice to have someone to hold your hand but you stand strongest alone. Nobody can love you the way you can love yourself. And when you come to appreciate yourself fully, that is when you can truly appreciate being with another.