10 Things You Could Have Done In The Time Spent On Your Phone Before Bed

Read this on your computer as to not be hypocritical.
167

We're all guilty of it. It's a bad habit, but it's one we do everyday. We are that meme of the person wrapped in a towel, laying on their bed for an hour. We do our best to not have it affect our ability to fall asleep, by turning on night-mode, and try to have it not infringe on our eight hours of sleep, but we don't always succeed. That Facebook promo, Instagram post, and our fantasy football line-up NEEDS to be checked at 12:30am. It becomes part of our daily night routine. So one night I decided to not check your status, your promo, or recently added photos, and thought about what one could do in this time slot instead.

1. Send an anonymous eggplant to someone.

My roommate freshman year sent her boyfriend a eggplant, with a personnalized message engraved into it, and I think its pure genius. Nothing says Happy Holidays than a delivered eggplant.

2. Run a mile.

Get your lazy ass up and go run that mile at one am. Reflecting vests are so in!!!

3. Write your memoir.

Your life is sick, and definetlty will be a New York Times best seller

4. Bake a cake.

Channel your inner Betty Crocker and find that tasty video you've been eyeing for a few days now. Food is always better after 12.

5. Watch Borat.

Truly a great comedy that I highly reccomend. If you're a night owl and plan on staying up for a few hours, Bruno and The Dictator are also great. You're welcome.

6. Play a game.

Knock on all your roommates doors until one of them comes out and screams at you. Yay for bonding time!

7. Take a ride on your apartment complexes elevator.

Nothing like those two am elevator rides, with the drunk stranger down the hall! Nothing like life advise from the drunkie accompanying you. Trust them they're "not saying this because [I'm] their drunk"

8. Learn how to play Bagpipes.

SPOILER ALERT: Boys, girls love a man who is tall, dark, and handsome, who also plays the bag pipes. Go woo your girl.

9. Revamp your linked in profile!

Your brain is of course functioning at it's best when you're half asleep. Go give that bio some attention, and show Morgan Stanley who you are.

10. Channel your inner Karate Kid.

Put that Black Belt to use. Your parents will love not getting their deposit back at the end of the year for the accidental whole in the wall.

Take everything I say like you take your tequila, with a grain of salt.