10 Things I Would Rather Do Than Study

10 Things I Would Rather Do Than Study

For those days when you're feeling too lazy to actually get one thing done in that list of 2 million.

91
10 Things I Would Rather Do Than Study

Sitting here in the library with a million things to do and no clear starting point has me feeling as though I am slowly descending into madness. My roommate sits across from me, face either in a book or her computer screen, fully organized and knowledgeable of how to be a good student. I’m exhausted from being up late last night, and I honestly just want to take a nap. I have an exam tomorrow, a case study due Friday, and a lot of studying and notes to catch up on. So naturally I’ve decided my starting point, finding things I would rather do than actually get started.

1. Take a nap.

This is really the root of my entire problem anyway, so I think we all wish we could just solve it to start with.

2. Watch YouTube videos.

Somehow you start with a tutorial on how to be a better student, and you end with a video of the best moments from Toddlers and Tiaras. The middle ground for how you got here at this point is a little fuzzy.

3. Check all social networking sites. Maybe 6+ times each.

My best friend’s, ex-boyfriend’s, sister’s dogs finsta is much more interesting than the material for any of my courses anyways.

4. Go to the gym and exercise.

Not even the pain of a half hour run could be more painful than the dull pain of sitting in this silent library for much longer.

5. Go to the dining hall and eat some chicken nuggets.

The more I sit here and watch people come in with McDonald's, Dunkin’ Donuts, and the food from the dining halls, the more I just want some disgustingly fried food that will make me refer back to #3.

6. Trip and fall down the stairs.

Hey, maybe a broken leg will get me exempt from this exam tomorrow and then I won’t even have to worry about studying!

7. Watch Twilight.

The plot line is long, drawn out and a little bit tired, but hey, still less than sitting here for ANY LONGER.

8. Talk / Think / Make Jokes About Harambe.

If you have been to a college campus lately, you must have heard at least one person talk about this famous, lovable gorilla. As dead as the joke should be by now (no pun intended), everyone would rather talk for hours about him than study.

9. Get caught by a teacher not paying attention.

There’s no worse feeling than a teacher calling on you when you don’t know what she’s talking about for the past ten or so minutes. I’d take that feeling everyday for the rest of the semester than sit her longer.

10. Get hit by a bus.

Is this one really any surprise? I mean if this happens, you get free tuition. It’s worth the momentary pain for the future of no student debt.

So now that I have spent enough time procrastinating, back to trying to study! The best of luck I wish to all you out there trying to get work done today as well!