10 Things To Do In Times of Stress

10 Things To Do In Times of Stress

Sometimes we all need a little bit of help to relieve stress.

61
10 Things To Do In Times of Stress
Morency Therapy

With midterms on the rise and colds starting to go around it is easy to get overwhelmed with stress. I find myself going crazy and not being able to handle with it all. So it is only fitting to help each other out and try to not let stress get the best of you. The important thing to remember is that it will not last forever and you can get through this! Here are some quick and easy techniques to help you in your stressful times.

1. Do some breathing exercises.

According to HelpGuide.com all you have to do is: "Sit comfortably with your back straight. Breathe in through your nose. Exhale through your mouth, pushing out as much air as you can while contracting your abdominal muscles. Continue to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth." This simple exercise can change how you feel immediately.

2. Visualize your future in a positive mindset.

A positive mindset is key. You will internalize these ideas and it will help you stay motivated. As much as you don't believe it or feel like a mess, remain positive.

3. Talk it out with a friend.

Sometimes you just gotta let things out. It can make you feel so much better.

4. Sometimes you just need a good cry.

Letting out all your anger, stress, and frustration through a good cry can change how you feel. Crying is therapeutic.

5. 5 minute meditations are wonderful.

You can even do these through apps or just googling it. 5 minutes of meditation can change your whole mindset and reset everything.

6. Watch a cute/funny video.

Research shows that watching cute animal videos can reduce stress. No really, the researches at Computers in Human Behavior found that cute cat videos can reduce stress significantly.

7. Listen to music.

Soothing music can calm you down and make your more focused. You could also try having a dance party to just get up and do something different.

8. Take a walk.

Walking or any kind of physical movement reduces stress. A five minute walk or a three minute dance party may be just what you need.

9. Unplug.

There is research that shows how media can significantly make you more stressed and distracted. Unplug and focus on what you need to do next. Instagram will always be there after you are done.

10. Eat some chocolate.

Researchers found that dark chocolate makes a huge impact if you are stressed. So next time you feel overwhelmed, take a breathe and indulge in some good chocolate.