14 Things That Happen When You Live With Roommates

14. You become each others best friends

422
Lauren Burkholder

Living with roommates has been one of the best experiences of my life. It's not always perfect, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We make each other laugh, listen to each other cry, support each other, make fun of each other, and do so many things together. If you have ever lived with roommates before, you will probably be able to relate to these 14 things that happen when you live with other people. If you haven't ever lived with roommates before, this is what you have to look forward to!

1. You start to use the same phrases

One person will say something (usually pretty funny) and then it becomes a common catch phrase for everyone. It McHappens.

2. You determine who is the grandma, mom, child, and Jared the Football Dad

Lauren Burkholder

One goes to bed early and cooks for everyone. One makes sure everyone is safe and healthy. One doesn't know metal can't go into the microwave. And one screams at the TV during every Philadelphia sports game.

3. You meal plan, grocery shop, and cook together

We may make a hot mess in the kitchen and somehow manage to dirty every single cooking utensil, but it's fun and yummy!

4. You constantly tag each other in recipes and memes

We also print them out and stick them to the ceiling over the couch.

5. You distract each other from getting work done

No joke, this is pretty much what it looks like.

6. You hide things around the apartment and wait impatiently for one of your roommates to find it and post it on their Snap Story

Lauren Burkholder

Usually it doesn't take long but sometimes it can take awhile

7. You all buy matching shirts for the holidays

Lauren Burkholder

The Christmas/Hanukkah sweaters are coming, don't worry.

8. You roast each other about every little thing

Amy Oberholtzer

I know, I eat a lot of food, Amy, but you can keep McRoasting me for it.

9. You take jokes too far... WAY too far

Lauren Burkholder

This filter has definitely been over done but we somehow fine it McFunnier every time.

10. You do almost everything together

Amy Oberholtzer

Whenever there is an event, we invite each other. When there is nothing to do, we plan something together.

11. You take pictures on each others phones when they leave them unattended for them to find later

Amy Oberholtzer

I literally have an entire photo album on my phone full of flattering selfies like these... but mostly just pictures of the kitchen table.

12. You become each others therapists

There is a reason that meme is taped to the ceiling above the couch... it makes a great confession couch to cry about how lemon difficult life is. But, no matter what is going on, we always support each other.

13. You adopt a mutual friend who is always over as a fifth roommate

Amy Oberholtzer

Everyone, meet Demi.

14. You become each others best friends

Lauren Burkholder

Amy and I were roommates last year, too, but Jess just moved in this semester. Instantly, we became best friends and I am so grateful to have them in my life! I seriously McLove you gorls :)