10 Things I Love About My Small Private School

It takes you leaving sometimes to see it
158

10 Things I Loved About My Small Private School

If you went to a small Private School, you will understand how different it was. Looking back, I realize how grateful I was to go to this school and I would never change it for the world.

1. You knew everybody

I could walk down the hall and know everybody's name. I knew what people liked to do and where they were from.

2. Your graduating class were like brother and sisters

My class, being only 45 students, I can assure you was small. However, no matter the size, the bond between you and your graduating class is like no other. We had been going to school for thirteen years or more.

3. My teachers cared about who I was and how I was doing

My teachers knew about me and would ask about my game the night before. They check on me to this day and it is just another whole support system for me.

4. We may have a small fan base, but it was loud and crazy.

DIVISION DOES NOT MATTER. Our fan section was always lit and I would not have wanted to play for any other team.

5. They prepared me for college

Along with all the great memories on the field and in the halls; the classroom was incredible. It helped me transition to college more than I could ever imagine.

6. They instilled in me, solid morals and beliefs

They taught me so much about life that went beyond the books. I owe my small private so much for making me who I am.

7. When you visit it is like you never left

When you walk in, the memories flow like crazy. Also, the teachers and students are so happy to see you, it feels as though you never left the halls.

8. It was a second home.

I spent so much time there over my 13 years it was a second home. They were and always will be another family. The bond between students faculty and families is one that is so hard to describe.

9. The Dress Code

Hear me out here. Nobody likes a dress code. However, there are a lot of benefits to having one. One, it builds up your closet and two, your "slack effort" in high school is the college standard of dressing. Trust me, in high school it stunk, but I see the point now.

10. Being a part of so many activities

My high school encouraged me to be on three sports teams and to partake in 3 clubs and to take 4 leaderships positions. It helps you with time management and get to learn different perspectives of life when you go to college.

11. Diversity

There were students from different states, but also different countries. It showed me so much about the world that I could never have imagined learning anywhere else.