10 Things "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" Taught Us

A unique love story with some serious takeaways.

7729
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/03/24/6362596285902021691233636745_new.jpg

As an avid chick-flick watcher, "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" tops the list as my favorite of all time. The movie's main character, played by Kate Hudson, sparked my interest in writing as I watched her career as a magazine writer unfold on screen. Hudson's character, Andie Anderson, taught us how to navigate being a successful career woman, having a (quite interesting) love life, and what it means to be a good friend. Thanks to this movie, I have a life-long favorite that also incorporates some serious takeaway messages.

1. Don't compromise your favorite things for someone else.

Sure, this might be taken to the extremes and Andie may have been acting a tad bit crazy, but it's a good lesson to remember.

2. It's okay to be a girl and be a sports fan.

Andie's perfect date night? A New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Girls, don't hide your love of sports, embrace it.

3. You outshine all of his past girlfriends.

In Andie's case, she was the first girl Ben ever brought home, but his family quickly fell in love with her anyways.

4. It's totally okay to plan what your future children will look like.

Just maybe don't show your s/o till after the first couple dates.

5. You can't lose something you never had.

As stated by Andie Anderson herself near the heart-touching ending.

6. Don't stick with a career that makes you unhappy.

Andie loved to write, but she wanted to write about broader topics than the articles you see in a stereotypical women's magazine.

7. Find friends who will do anything for you.

Any friend who will pretend to be a therapist for a session of couple's therapy with your "pretend" boyfriend is a keeper. Andie struck gold with her friends and coworkers.

8. Never stop being adventurous.

Anyone who has ever watched this movie probably wonders how this magical motorcycle seen was filmed. Andie and Ben are both full of adventure, which helped to form their true connection.

9. Don't crash boy's night.

Andie may have gotten away with this one, but most of us wouldn't dare crash boy's night festivities.

10. Get yourself a Benjamin Barry.

Although their relationship started in the weirdest way imaginable, it blossomed into a true love story.

Apart from being my go-to chick flick to watch with friends on a Friday night, "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" inspires and leaves every girl wanting the kind of relationship Andie and Ben have.