10 Things to Look Forward to This Winter

Don't underestimate my excitement for the winter season!

80
41.media.tumblr.com

After witnessing the first snowfall of the season, I realized the holidays are right around the corner. Here are a few things to look forward to as we jump into winter:

1. The Holidays

There is nothing better than being home with family to celebrate the holidays. It’s a time to be cozy and appreciate the people we have in our lives. The holidays take us away from our hectic schedules and give us a moment to enjoy the present.

2. The Ski Season

With snow comes winter sports, and I couldn't be happier! Ski trips have been a part of my life for as long as I remember. Taking the weekend, or even a day, up north is the perfect getaway. It is an experience that I have never gone a winter without and never plan to.

3. Winter Fashion

While fall fashion is my favorite, winter is all about comfort. If you thought fall was about layering, winter is the next level. Bundling up is the coziest way to go out.

4. Winter Break

For all of the college students, winter break marks the end of the hectic lifestyle and the beginning of a few weeks for rejuvenation. There is everything to love about this break.

5. Snow

Who doesn’t like building a snowman? How about a snowball fight? While there are many ways to play in the snow, there is also something magical about nature being covered in a blanket of pure white.

6. Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate and winter go together like peanut butter and jelly. Make sure you add extra marshmallows and loads of whipped cream!

7. Hearty Winter Recipes

I love my mom’s cooking to begin with, but once winter rolls around, I am in all my glory! It’s all about warmth and comfort, and that’s exactly what winter recipes provide.

8. Ice Skating

I may not be the most coordinated person in the entire world, but I still love going ice skating. Falling is all part of the fun (at least that's what I keep telling myself)!

9. Christmas Decorating

My house is typically the most decorated in the entire neighborhood. My family takes pride in the abundance of string lights that we can manage to put on the house. I find that the best part about the decorations is the feeling of warmth and comfort they provide. Our Christmas tree is decorated with ornaments that we have collected throughout the years, and it is a reminder that no matter what changes in our lives we still have each other, and our wonderful memories of previous holidays.

10. Christmas movies

Laying down on the couch with my family, eating homemade soup and watching our favorite Christmas movies is the best. The winter holidays are my favorite; I could not imagine spending a single year without them.