10 Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving Season

It's important to stop and be thankful even during the busy times of year!

10
Her Campus at University of Ottawa

November is always a crazy month, and during such a busy time of year, it is easy to forget to stop and be thankful for all the great things in your life. This Thanksgiving season, I want to make sure I take time to appreciate all of the wonderful aspects of my life. So… here are a list of ten things I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful to be receiving a higher education.

So many girls around the world risk their lives and face obstacles each day to receive just a basic education. Not only did I graduate high school without difficulty, but I am also completing my degrees in Spanish and education with all kinds of support.

2. I am thankful to my family, my mom especially, for supporting me and loving me.

I wouldn’t be where I was today without the love from my family. They believe in me when I don’t believe in myself, and have given me so many fun and educational opportunities. I love them very much!

3. I am thankful that I have the best friends in the world to come home to during the holidays.

Whether we’re all home together, spread across the state, or spread across the globe, these people are my #1 supports. I know I can tell them absolutely anything and they will always have my back.

4. I am thankful for all of the opportunities Nazareth College has given me to travel, and for the friends I made along the way.

So far I have been to Costa Rica, Spain, Puerto Rico, and San Francisco through my college. Each trip has taught me so much about myself and the world around me, and I met some of my best college friends through these journeys.

5. I am thankful to be living in my first apartment.

Being on my own in the city is very exciting, and has also been a great learning experience. I am so happy to be living where I am for my final year of college.

6. I am thankful for my friends at Nazareth who make me smile even on the toughest days.

Being away from home when the semester gets tough can be very hard. I’m so lucky I have great friends at school to wipe my tears, cheer me on, and complain about homework with me. Without them I wouldn’t have made it this far.

7. I am thankful to be spending my semester in two amazing student teaching placements where I am welcomed and supported.

I was so nervous to begin my professional semester, but having two amazing cooperating teachers as well as many other teachers to support me has made it a phenomenal learning experience. And of course, the kids make me smile everyday!

8. I am thankful to be learning Spanish as a second language, which allows me to communicate with even more people around the world.

I selected Spanish to be my major by accident, and I am so happy I did! Learning Spanish has opened me up to so many amazing opportunities I don’t think I would have had otherwise.

9. I am thankful for dance.

Dance has been a part of my life since I could walk, and has helped me get through the best and the worst of times. Dance has molded me so much as a person, and I’m very grateful it continues to be a part of my life.

10. I am thankful to be going home for Thanksgiving to spend an amazing week with my family and friends!

College is great, but there’s nothing like coming home for home-cooked meals, family traditions, and reunions with old friends.

Happy Thanksgiving Season Everyone!