10 Things Every Girl Should Take On Spring Break

Take a look at this before you pack for your trip!

12

Midterms are almost over and the finish line is so close. Don’t give up just yet! If you need a small study break, here are just a couple of things that every girl should put on her packing list for spring break. Am I the only one that plans my packing list by the day including exactly what I’ll plan to where? I don’t think so! Here is a spring break packing guide for all the gals!

1. Sunscreen.

This is a no brainer. I know we all want to look like copper pennies by the end of our trips, but seriously the sun’s rays are not a joke. We think we’re invincible. The aloe in my fridge says otherwise. Pack your sunscreen ladies!

2. Flip Flops.

If you’re going somewhere warm, this is a necessity. You will be walking around in flip-flops for most likely 90% of your trip. My advice? Find a comfortable pair and place them in your suitcase first and foremost!

3. Hat.

Ladies, our scalps are delicate, too. Pack a fun sun hat, or even a hat with your favorite sport’s team logo on the front. Shield that scalp in style!

4. Lotion.

Again, the sun’s rays are not a joke. It is so important to moisturize. Of course, your sunscreen will brag about several moisturizers it has in it. My advice? Pack your favorite scent or scentless lotion and glow all throughout your trip!

5. Your favorite book.

If you’re a bookworm like me, this is an absolute necessity. If reading isn’t your thing, take your headphones and relax. Whatever puts your mind at ease pack it! A week of no textbooks calls for reading your favorite things regardless of what it may be.

6. Beach bag.

If you’re going somewhere warm, this is a must! It doesn’t have to be a designer brand (There is sand everywhere, but you know this already). Beach bags are designed to be filled with sun tan lotion, towels, and the inevitable, sand. Put this on your spring break packing list or I promise you will wish you had.

7. Ziploc bag for swimsuits.

This might seem a bit over the top, but it makes a ton of sense. You probably won’t want your salty bathing suits from the beach touching your evening wear in your suitcase on the ride home.

8. Dry Shampoo.

I use this all the time. It is a known fact that washing your hair over and over again can strip it of its natural oils, yet you have Google for this information. Dry shampoo is perfect for spring break. You won’t have to worry about washing and styling your hair. Throw some dry shampoo in it and let it bring on the beach curls! Natural oils are a great thing, ladies.

9. Aloe.

I cannot say this enough. Skin care is critical! You most likely haven’t been exposed to the sun in a while due to being cooped up in the library studying for those midterms. Burns are bound to happen. A piece of advice? Stick it in the fridge for a few minutes and apply it after a long day in the sun. You can thank me later!

10. Cover up.

Resorts are big on this. It was so cute when you were four to run around in the lobby in your bathing suit. Now that you’ve grown into an adult (If you would call me that), it is not necessarily as cute anymore. Pack an oversized t-shirt or tank top and slip it on before you hit the pool. Yes, some rules were meant to be broken, yet breaking this one is, well, tacky.

These ten things are just a few necessities to think about when packing for your spring break trip. I should also mention: pack awareness. The world is a crazy place. Be safe, be smart, and have a blast!