10 Things All Losing Sports Fans Know to Be True

2
buffzone.com

As football season comes towards an end, NFL and college football fans everywhere are either gearing up for playoffs or silently putting away their jerseys in defeat and thinking “maybe next year.” If you’re a fan of a losing sports team, chances are you’ve experienced these 10 struggles.

1. Every Sunday or Saturday when you turn on the game, you usually know how it’s gunna go but you put yourself through an hour of agony as you try to hold faith.

2. Your team is most likely plagued with injuries, which means your favorite player is probably on the bench.

3. You thought all the “hard work in the off season” was “really going to pay off this year,” according to the coaches and Bleacher Report.

4. When your team loses, everyone who’s a fan of a winning team has the right to make fun of you and harass you until you can pull out a win, and they will take full advantage of that opportunity.

5. Your team is always the highlight of ESPN after game day with the caption most likely “why the (INSERT SPORTS TEAM) won’t be making it to playoffs this year, or something like “(SPORT’S TEAM)’S future in question.”

6. You consistently find yourself saying “We’ll get the next game” or “ maybe next season.”

7. Halfway through the season you saw a glimmer of hope that maybe the team would turn things around.

8. You feel somewhat embarrassed wearing your teams’ apparel around campus with a losing record, but you do it anyways because you’re a loyal fan.

9. You’ve never felt greater pride when the team wins, and never felt such a sense of embarrassment when they lose.

10. When they lose to the one team that was supposed to be a guaranteed win, you know to just cut yourself off of all social media for at least a few hours.  

But no matter how bad your team’s record may be, just remember there’s always next year, and win or lose, you'll probably still booze.