10 Survival Tips For Vans Warped Tour

10 Survival Tips For Vans Warped Tour

Coming to a city near you.

344
10 Survival Tips For Vans Warped Tour
warpedtourfanpage.weebly.com

For those of you who don't know, Vans Warped Tour is a festival type tour sponsored by Journeys that features a spectrum of artists from alternative to screamo. If you're planning on attending for the first time this year, or if your a seasoned veteran looking for new tips, there are some things you definitely need to know before you go out to Warped. It's important to know how to stay hydrated and healthy throughout the concerts, and also how to meet your favorite bands and see your favorite artists perform, and in order to do that you need to survive. I've attended Warped four consecutive years and I want to pass my tricks of the trade on to all of you.

1. Don't panic over buying your tickets!

I totally know how it is to either not have the money at the moment or to need to convince your parents to let you go to a concert. Whatever your situation is, don't worry, Warped tickets don't really sell out. Three out of the four years I attended, I bought my tickets the day before going. So don't freak out if you don't buy your tickets the day they go on sale, you will still get them.

2. Try to arrive about an hour early.

If you're trying to meet bands and go to signings, then you want to get there at least an hour early so you can get in sooner than later and go get wristbands, etc.

3. Skip the line!

When you arrive early, or on time, and you see the monstrous line to get in then you need to go find the skip the line person! There are a bunch of them and they usually circulate through the lines. You can either bring with you three cans of food, or five dollars and then you get a band and you get to skip the line and go right in! It is 100% worth it!!!

4. Premier Parking!

So VIP parking is normally about a $35 ticket, and if you have the extra money it is totally worth it. You'll be so much closer to the entrance which will help you get in quicker, and when you're exhausted afterward you be so glad you paid extra to park close!

5. Agua, agua, agua.

Water is so important at warped. You need to stay hydrated at all times. The day before warped I like to drink only water, not soda or coffee, that way I'm hydrated to begin with. They will allow you to bring one regular sized water bottle into the concert, so bring it! When you finish that bottle keep it, especially the cap! If you purchase a new water bottle, they will not give you the cap! So if you want to be able to carry your water without stress over spilling or someone tampering with your water, keep your original bottle and transfer the water! Make sure you continue to over-hydrate throughout the whole day while you're at the concert!!!

6. Don't dress to impress.

Cute outfits are not ideal for Warped Tour at all. It is going to be so extremely hot, you're going to sweat so much. Being smushed in the crowds at shows, you will sweat more than you ever have. For girls, bathing suit tops, sports bras, light tank tops, cotton shorts, or Nike shorts are your best friends that day. For guys, comfortable shorts, and a tank top, you can even go shirtless if you get hot. Everyone is most likely dying of heat stroke, so no one is going to judge you out there.

7. Sunscreen is a great friend.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory that you don't want to be a lobster.

8. Hats!

Hats are a super awesome way to keep yourself from overheating! Your head is very sensitive to temperature, so if you keep it cool then the rest of your body will be cooler. So hats are a very smart idea, along with ponytails for us girls.

9. Shade is key.

When you're waiting in between sets, and you aren't going to look at the different tents, it is a totally good idea to find a shady spot wherever you can and just sit under it and relax. It is important to let your body cool down and to just stay out of the sun and off your feet for a while.

10. Have an awesome time!

Now that you know some of my survival secrets, all you have to do is have an awesome time! Warped is a great day and there is so much to do from sets, to meet and greets, to all the different tents and food. Grab your friends and go sing your hearts out to your favorite bands, it is definitely a day you won't ever forget! Happy crowdsurfing, xo.