Anyone who goes to SUNY Oneonta will tell you they love it. It's the perfect mix of a beautiful campus with students who love to go out and have fun. As a freshman, I noticed some things about SUNY Oneonta and the town that are are kind of annoying. Whether it's in the dorms or out in town, you probably have faced all of these struggles at some point during your time at SUCO.
1. The wi-fi cuts out a lot.
Oh, you have homework to do? The wi-fi doesn't care and you never know when it will decide to work again.
2. Sodexo food is questionable.
We have three dining halls on campus, but the food is not that good. Sorry, not sorry.
3. The weather is bipolar.
I thought I knew how to dress for the weather -- until I got to Oneonta.
4. There are a crazy amount of hills and stairs on campus.
Since there are so many hills in upstate New York, you will get toned walking around campus.
5. We have a Starbucks! But it’s all the way at Hunt.
Walking up to Hunt Union is always the struggle. Luckily, there are other options like Jazzman’s or Seasons (but they’re not the same).
6. The bathrooms don't get cleaned over the weekend.
Be prepared to see some things you never should have to witness.
7. The bus is barely ever on time.
The OPT bus system has probably made you angry at one point or another, especially when you sprint to the bus stop only to have the bus leave without you.
8. On Friday and Saturday, you probably have to stand on the bus.
When the weekend comes, you will feel like a sardine on the bus to the bar or party.
9. The Southside Mall is a sad excuse for a mall.
If you are going to call it a mall, you need more than five stores in it.
10. Townies can get a little weird on Main Street.
Just don't make eye contact and everyone is happy.