10 Struggles Of Being The Youngest Sibling

1. Everyone Spoils You

You are the baby of the family so, therefore, you have the benefit of being spoiled the most and the longest. However, being the prized child of the family can cause some jealousy and tension among your other siblings.

2. You Get Everyone's Hand-Me-Downs

If you have even one older sibling of the same gender (heck! even cousins!) then your wardrobe is out of your hands. You have no choice in what you wear. You can't express your identity because you are too busy trying to bring back your sibling's.

3. The Rules Change

A change in the rules often works against you. On the one hand, your sibling gets the brand new car and you will get that one when they get another new car. The bright side is that your parents tend to get better as time passes, supposedly.

4. Your Sibling Is The Boss

Not only do you have parents that get to boss you around, you also have all your older siblings that think they get to boss you around too. If you are lucky they will be kind about it and not push you around they will just jump around corners with their teeth bared to terrify you.

5. Living Up To Expectations

If you have phenomenal older siblings then you are expected to follow in their foot steps; heaven forbid you get a B when your sister was the valedictorian. Even if your siblings were not so stellar you still have to prove yourself to overcome people's preconceived opinions of you.

6. Your Ignored Opinions

Being the youngest, you are often ignored even if you can solve the problem everyone is sitting around debating. What could you have to bring to the table that hasn't already been brought by your siblings? A LOT!

7. She Did It

Some parents put their eldest on a pedestal and anything you do will never compare, so you will always find yourself in trouble. Other parents always blame the older sibling because they are supposed to be the role model and know better. HA HA

8. That's Not My Name

Before you can be called by your name, first your parents have to go through all your siblings and occasionally the pet names before arriving at the name they gave to you. You would think they could keep it straight.

9. Friends Dating Your Siblings

When your friend asks if they can ask your older sibling out...awkward. Your older siblings can also have a tendency to keep you away from all of their friends because you might embarrass them or fall in love with one of their friends.

10. Sibling's Alibi

Whether or not you are tight with your sibling and would do anything for them you are always charged with covering for them. When they did something and need an alibi they come to you. They did something and told you but also said you couldn't tell your parents.

Being the youngest can be tough but it isn't without its benefits.