10 Struggles All College Students Can Relate To

Being sick is THE WORST.

136
Natasha Trivedi

When you first get to college, it may seem like it's all fun and games. However, that is far from the truth, and a lot of us learn this the hard way. Unfortunately, this leads to some inevitable struggles. If you're going to college in the near future, here's a warning, and if you've already there or been there, get ready to relate.

Getting sick.

Possibly the worst thing that can happen when you’re getting adjusted to living on your own. It’s the harsh reality that now that you’re an adult, there’s nobody to fawn over you 24/7 when you’re feeling under the weather.

Getting locked out.

It’s embarrassing, but it happens to the best of us. You can try to avoid it as much as you can, but it will happen eventually.

Lack of air conditioning.

Until you’re living in a dorm room (or anywhere without AC for that matter) you probably don’t take out the time to appreciate air conditioning. Suddenly, it’s gotten to the point where you’ve got 4 fans, no air conditioning, and you’re sweating like a donkey because your room is too hot.

Staying up late, drowning in homework.

This is what will mess up your sleep schedule, not a party. So many people go to school thinking it’s all fun and games, and are hit with reality, while others come prepared to learn yet are still feeling crushed by the workload.

Having to walk in the pouring rain.

This feels like torture. Trudging to class through puddles and heavy rain is no picnic, and since it's inevitable wherever you are, there's no escape.

Being broke.

In college, it’s easier to run out of money. Not only is college expensive, but when you live by yourself, especially for the first time, you end up spending a whole lot more than you thought you'd need to. Dining hall food isn't that great, and when you're bored of being on campus, getting off campus can be expensive, and shopping for essentials are only some of the places that college students' money mysteriously disappears to.

Transportation.

If your school isn’t part of a college town, chances are there’s not much to do on campus, and most of the fun stuff to do is off campus, and if you don’t have a car, it’s not always easy to get around. So, unless you want to be bored, you have to figure out some way to get around,

Not conveniently having all the resources you once took for granted.

Not only do you have to do everything yourself like laundry, but you really appreciate things like a kitchen when you don’t have one like you did at home.

Misusing your freedom and instantly regretting it.

Staying up late has its consequences. You thought that being able to party whenever you wanted was a good thing, but all it did was leave you sick with bad sleep habits.

Missing your family.

You might not want to admit it, but you do miss them deep down.