10 Songs To Warm Up Your October

10 Songs To Warm Up Your October

a playlist that'll help welcome the Fall weather

15
10 Songs To Warm Up Your October

This year, the weather changed just as fast as the season did. As we welcomed fall on September 22, 2016 we saw an instant change from humid summer nights to brisk autumn afternoons. As it is every year, the end of summer signifies that the agonizing routine of school is coming to fruition. As we venture into the month of October, people are finally done adjusting to their new circumstances and are on the path to continuing their rollercoaster ride of loathsome thoughts thanks to constant nights embedded with inane studying and massive amounts of homework.

For me, music is the remedy for all and this time of year what I listen to tends to reflect on the weather outside. At this time of year, my Spotify playlists are filled with more mellowed-out, easy listening throwbacks opposed to new "overbearing" hits. The season of Autumn creates a different atmosphere and my music taste is definitely enhanced because of this.

Below, I've created a 10 song playlist that I think will really make your October 2016 all the more memorable. I've included a montage of previous favorites as well as some newcomers that I think will "ignite the spark" to the upcoming Fall season.

1. "Don't Tell Me" - Avril Lavigne

This was one of Avril's first few singles back in the early 2000s. The soft, angsty pop sound this song gives off is very catchy. Although, this song was heard on the radios back in the day, most people don't remember it because it didn't have as successful of a chart run as her other hits. I think it's the perfect song to "re-discover." It's laid back energy accompanied with it's relatable lyrics make for a perfect throwback.

2. "You Make My Dreams" - Hall & Oates

You may remember this classic from the hilarious Will Ferrell movie, Step Brothers. This song is undeniably lighthearted and can brighten up anyone's mood. It's jovial lyrics and production make it an instant mood changer that can hopefully change any dreary October night into a more joyous one.

3. "All We Know" - The Chainsmokers f/ Phoebe Ryan

Although The Chainsmokers don't fit the realm of "easy-going" tunes, this song is an exception. Fairly new, The Chainsmokers paired with Phoebe Ryan don't fail to impress. Phoebe's fanciful voice and The Chainsmoker's way with production call for an epic song. There's something about the way that Phoebe sings that's so mesmerizing and relaxing. If you like this song, you should also check out her cover of R. Kelly & Miguel's songs in her "Ignition/Do You..." mashup.

4. "Rhiannon" - Fleetwood Mac

Growing up I have always been exposed to Fleetwood Mac's music playing on my radio. Stevie Nicks just has such a unique voice and has the power to lure any listener in. Ever since I was little, I would love hearing this particular song every time it would come on the radio and with age, the song is even better. It's the perfect tune for a rainy day - it's just very tranquil and easy to listen to.

5. "Dare You To Move" - Switchfoot

You might remember this song from Haley and Nathan's iconic first kiss on One Tree Hill, however, that's not why it's on this playlist. This song is just a song I've always remembered ever since I was young and I've never stopped loving it. It fits into the more angsty sound like Avril Lavigne - but it's lyrics are captivating and make you think about what life has to offer.

6. "Atlantis" - Bridgit Mendler f/ Kaiydo

This has definitely quickly become one of my new favorites of the past decade. If you were to have told me that this was the same girl who was on Disney's Good Luck Charlie and the girl who sang Disney favorites like "Ready Or Not" and "Hurricane" I would've called you a liar. Bridgit Mendler's musical evolution has come a long way from her bubblegum pop days. This song is unlike anything I've ever heard before and it has a very unique progression. Don't let the name "Bridgit Mendler" stop you from listening to this year's indie masterpiece.

7. "Scars To Your Beautiful" - Alessia Cara

Alessia plagued our airwaves this past year with her "anti-party" hit, "Here." After her recent debut album was released I decided to check it out and I was astonished as to how much I liked it. "Scars To Your Beautiful" is a very chilling song about loving yourself for who you are and what you look like. It's very relatable and it can be seen as a pretty emotional song. Although, it's like any other pop song, it's message is what sets it apart from the rest.

8. "Stuck" - Stacie Orrico

Many might not remember Stacie Orrico, since she's been gone from the mainstream music scene since 2003, however, this was one of her biggest hits. Stacie was very underrated back then, and nowadays it's as if she doesn't even exist. I happened to rediscover this song over the summer, and I listen to it as if it's a new song. Like most of her songs, "Stuck" is irresistibly catchy and has this overall attitude to it that makes it stand out.

9. "Influence" - Tove Lo f/ Wiz Khalifa

I've been listening to this song religiously since she released the demo version as a Christmas present to fans back in 2015. This song is just very addictive and Tove's captivating vocals entice listeners, yet again. It has the perfect easy-going kind of melody, yet a quirkiness to it that justify it being on the top of everyone's playlist this Fall.

10. "Young Blood" - The Naked and Famous

This song has been a favorite of mine for quite some time now. It has very magical undertones and is just a very uplifting kind of song. The cheerful, wind-chime sounding production this song exudes calls for a perfect way to end this Fall-inspired playlist.

Hopefully these ten songs will make your Fall season all the more amazing and that you'll be to find time to check them out amidst all the pumpkin spice pandemonium.