10 Signs You're A Picky Eater For Life

10 Signs You're A Picky Eater For Life

The ultimate love-hate relationship with food.

102
10 Signs You're A Picky Eater For Life
GIPHY

Your relationship with food is a complicated one, a love-hate relationship story for the ages. Food is both your best friend, and your worst enemy. Being a picky eater was not a decision you made willingly, but it is, unfortunately, a decision that rules your entire life. While you can hope that one day you might overcome the pickiness, these 10 undeniable signs say otherwise.

1. Looking up a menu before going to dinner is a must.

Nothing says stress like going to a restaurant you've never been to before. New places means new food, not all of which will be edible.

2. "Have you ever even tried it?" is an every day question you receive.

Just because you don't like foods that other people think are "normal," doesn't mean that you've never tried it. While trying new food isn't necessarily your thing, that doesn't mean you haven't been forced to try it before.

3. Making up excuses for not liking certain foods is your specialty.

You can't even begin to count how many times you've told someone you were allergic to something to get out of eating it.

4. Trying to explain how picky you are to someone else is a serious struggle.

Most of the time, people don't believe you when you say that you don't like certain things. They just don't understand.

5. Deciding what to eat is an even bigger struggle.

Your diet consists mainly of chicken fingers, french fries and pizza, and that is completely okay with you.

6. Going out on dinner dates legitimately gives you anxiety.

What if they think I'm weird for ordering my cheeseburger plain? Or for not ordering a salad or soup? These are actual thoughts that have crossed your mind when ordering food on a date.

7. Dinner out with your family means ordering off of the kid's menu.

You might be an adult, but your ordering habits say otherwise.

8. You don't hesitate to send your order back if it's wrong.

Let's face it. You've done it so many times that you aren't even embarrassed to tell the waitstaff that they got your order wrong.

9. Your reaction to seeing people eat things you would never even consider eating:

You will never understand how people could like certain foods.

10. At the end of the day, you're not ashamed of your pickiness.

After all, it's your life, not theirs.

From Your Site Articles