10 Signs Your Best Friend Is Your Soulmate

You can stop looking now.

833
Summer Van Nest

Regardless of whether or not you’re currently in a relationship, your best friend might be your true soul mate. No, a soul mate doesn’t have to be the other half in a romantic relationship. It's true that a soul mate is your other half, but that doesn’t mean you have to be in love with them. It’s when two souls just understand each other. You feel a connection with that person that you’ve never felt with anyone else before. You feel as though someone finally understands. Here are some signs that your BFF might be this person:

• They can tell by your texts that you’re not all right, and they have no problem calling you out on it. You can’t hide your emotions from them- you could see them for five minutes and they’d instantly know your mood is altered, no matter how hard you try and fake happiness.
  • You want them to be happy, just as much as they want you to be happy. You’d do anything to make them smile, even if it means sacrificing your own comfort or happiness, and you know they’d totally do the same for you.

• They’re your ride-along buddy, your permanent shotgun passenger, your navigator and DJ. They know what songs you love and what songs are completely off limits. They know when to tell you to stop for coffee or fast food. They’re always down for an adventure and probably love the same places as you anyway.
  • You probably finish each other’s sentences, or read each other’s minds- but not in a creepy way. You just always have the same ideas and thought-process. You both point out the weird stuff in a movie or laugh at the same corny jokes. “OMG, I was just going to say that” is a common line in your friendship.
  • You can be yourself. You can be completely weird, loud, crazy, drunk, whatever, and you’re finally comfortable acting that way around someone for once. They don’t judge you for the strange things you do, or for wanting to be wild and crazy one night. They accept you for who you are, and love you even more for it.
  • You basically live together. Your home is their home, and vice versa. They’re the person you call when you’re already outside of their house. Their parents don’t even flinch when you walk through the door without knocking. You make yourself at home because you’re welcome to. You live there, too. You’re apart of the family and probably have designated seats on the couch or a designated bedroom to sleep in.
  • You have “inside jokes”, or little sayings and phrases that no one else understands, but you state them loud and proud publicly and die of laughter afterward.
  • You know each other’s Starbucks orders and lunch orders by heart and never ask if they want anything, you just assume they do and they assume you picked them up something, anyway.
  • It’s a give and take. You never take advantage of each other’s offerings and always repay them when you can. You let them know how much you appreciate them and they do the same for you.
  • They know exactly what makes you laugh and smile and they know exactly what you love to do, and have no problem supporting you in your ventures because they just understand you.