Welcome To Miller Mansion

Welcome To Miller Mansion

This One's For You Joan C.

316
Welcome To Miller Mansion

Living in an all girls’ dorm can be rewarding, annoying, and interesting at multiple times a semester. No other girls’ dorm can compare to LSU’s Miller Hall, though.

1) Random screaming

In the halls of Miller, there are multiple times during the week when you’ll be peacefully sleeping and at 3 in the morning you’ll hear excited screaming. Whether it be from your neighbors’ rooms or just random girls in the hallway, it is inevitably going to happen. But honestly, what girls don’t scream when something exciting or bad happens in their lives?

2) The smell of multiple perfumes on the same side of the hall

On game days or week days, you can smell many different scents. There are girls all over the floors who are getting ready and each time their doors open, a new whiff of perfume flies out and almost slaps you in the face.

3) LOTS of singing

Singing in this dorm is surely something. People love singing. I have heard anywhere from Frozen to Drake being blasted and sung at the tops of people’s lungs here. But all singing isn’t bad though. It’s honestly quite an experience.

4) Meeting other sorority sisters in the elevator

Majority of the girls here are in sororities on campus because Miller Hall is located right next to sorority row. It only makes sense that we would live here. There are multiple times that I have been riding the elevator and I have seen a girl wearing a pullover with our letters on it. I have honestly met multiple friends in that elevator.

5) The “special” door

As a current Miller resident, we have a curfew rule for boys on weekdays and weekends. Girls wanting boys to come over have to successfully sneak the boys into the “special” door. This door has an alarm on it so anytime that it is opened, an annoying alarm sounds and RAs will literally chase the girl and boy up the stairs. Some have successfully gotten boys in and some have been caught.

6) Fire alarms

Sometimes in the mansion, like other dorms, we have inconvenient fire alarms at inconvenient times. The only difference with our fire alarms, is that ours are usually from female things. One example is the time that we had one at 3 in the morning due to someone forgetting to turn off their straightener and smoking up an entire floor. That’s the difference.

7) Ability to have multiple closets

One of the greatest perks of living in this dorm is the fact that there are literally so many closets you can go through. I cannot tell you the many times that on a game day I have gone through 3-4 closets in search of the perfect outfit. This feat is honestly one of the greatest things, so thank you Miller Mansion for all the closets.

8) The showers

In the mansion, we have hall-style showers. This being said, there is a constant fight for trying to go at a time when no one is in there. (Note: there are two showers on each side of the floors and lots of females.) In the showers, you also find SO many hairballs. Oh, and let’s not forget all the pony tail holders forgotten in there.

9) Door decor

Since many of the girls in the dorm are sorority girls, lots, if not all, of the girls have cute little door decorations that their sorority places there on bid night. On special holidays, people will add decorations to their door to get in the spirit. Halloween was the cutest that I have seen so far.

10) Infinite carpool line on weekday nights

When you think of carpooling, you probably think of school getting out and parents picking up their children, but not me. Miller literally will have a line of multiple cars with boys coming to pick up girls either for date events or even just going out together, but the line is always going to be there. I can’t remember a time since the beginning of the semester when it hasn’t been there.

Miller has become a home away from home for a lot of us here, and although the cinderblock walls aren’t very warming and the space is 'cozy', to say the least, the company it helps keep makes it completely worth it.