10 Shoes a College Girl in Ames Should Own

92

Flip-Flops

Freshman, bring the flip-flops to Ames. Trust me. Your bare feet do not want to be friends with that slime that grows on the floors of the dorm showers. A pair of flip-flops is the easy answer to walking down to Seasons for dinner or over to your friends’ room to watch Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday nights.

UGGs

Let’s just say this explains itself. It gets a bit cold here in Ames and tends to snow… a lot. UGGs are the perfect way to not freeze on the way to class and trudge through the snowdrifts in front of the bus stops. UGGs are the warmest things a college girl could own and they are what keep me sane in the winter here in Ames.

Tennis Shoes

Tennis shoes make walking around campus and to classes A LOT easier on days when it’s hard to even get to class. When we don’t want to get on jeans we wear our sweats… what better shoe to pair it with then a sleek pair of Nikes. Not to mention, keeping that freshman 15, 20, or 30 off: get your butt to the gym! Don’t let those tennis shoes get dusty thrown in the back of your closet.

Birkenstocks

What kind of sorority girl would you be if you didn’t own Birkenstocks? These have blown up in the fashion world lately and match with everything. You can casually wear them and dress them up with just about anything! That’s why these are an awesome pair of shoes to own in college, the versatility!

Hunter Boots

Again, another great shoe in style right now! These are good fall through spring, through snow and rain you can be stylish. You can wear these with leggings, a t-shirt or a jeans and a sweater. These are perfect for Ames because of the unpredictability of the weather. One day it’s freezing with snow and the next day you're sitting on Central Campus having lunch.

Sophisticated Heels

All college girls need a sophisticated pair of job interview heels. These may not be the most glamorous pair of heels to go out and shop for, but these are critical for the job search process. You want to look professional and feminine during an academic interviews as well as the job interviews.

Going Out Heels

These are every girl’s favorite things to buy, even when we don’t realistically need all of the pairs that we have. Every college girl needs a fun pair of high heels they can bring out onto the town. If you can find the inner Goddess within you that let’s you walk down Welch Avenue in heels that is. But high heels are always a fun choice for a night out with girls or that hot date you’ve been waiting for.

Sperry Top-Siders

My Sperry’s are my favorite pair of shoes that I own. They are so versatile and I can wear them with anything, let alone they are so comfortable! They may not be the warmest shoes, so they’re better in the fall and the spring but you can get so much use out of a single pair of Sperry’s.

High Boots

Tall boots are critical for college students. They can be an easy way to dress up an outfit, all while staying warm at the same time. There are so many different kinds, so you can definitely find a pair (or four) that you love! I barely go outside without a pair of boots on in the winter-lifesavers!

Converse

The easy slip-on slip-off kind of shoes that are so easy to wear around campus. They make the perfect going out outfit even better with an edgy piece to go along with jeans and a tank top or leather jacket. Even better your feet don’t kill at the end of the night! Let's also not forget how these save lives during tailgating season.