10 Series To Binge Watch On Netflix This Summer

Because what else are you expected to do for the next four months?

39
A List Daily

So you have four months off of school and, if you're anything like me, you don't have much to do. Aside from a few minor responsibilities, you find yourself with a lot of free time on your hands. What's a better way to spend all that time other than spending it binge watching a couple good series' on Netflix? Here are 10 great series you should definitely consider binge watching this summer:

1. Friends (10 seasons)

Friends is a classic and if you haven't already watched it, I suggest you do ASAP. It takes place in New York City and follows the lives of six friends as they go through life together. 10 seasons may seem like a lot but with each episode being only 22 minutes long, trust me, the seasons fly by.

2. Grey's Anatomy (11 seasons)

Grey's Anatomy will have you feeling emotions that you didn't even know were possible. You'll go from laughing to crying within minutes. You'll fall in love with at least two characters. You'll probably end up wanting to go pre-med by the time you hit the second season just because they make being a surgeon look so fun and easy. Grey's Anatomy is also a great choice because it's still a prime time show, with its newest season airing on ABC weekly.

3. Gossip Girl (6 seasons)

If Blake Lively isn't your 'Girl Crush Everyday', you're lying. Luckily for us, she's as perfect as ever in this series. With only 6 seasons, Gossip Girl is an easy show to binge watch and you won't feel as bad about having finished the entire series in three days. By the end of it, you'll be dying to live in the Upper East Side.

4. One Tree Hill (9 seasons)

If high school dramas are your thing, this is the perfect show for you. Watch as Chad Michael Murray and James Lafferty battle off as half-brothers playing together on their high school's basketball team. Will you be Team Nathan or Team Lucas??

5. How I Met Your Mother (9 seasons)

HIMYM is an all-around great show. Also set in New York City, Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) tells his children the story of how he met their mother and reflects on all of the crazy things he and his friends did that led him to her. The awesome cast makes this show hilarious and addicting.

6. Criminal Minds (10 seasons)

If you're into crime and mystery dramas, Criminal Minds is a must-see! Follow the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) of the FBI as they get inside the heads of criminals to find the "unsub" or unknown subject. The cast has amazing chemistry and you'll probably want to join the FBI by the time you're done. Also, this is another show that has its newest season on prime time TV!

7. Orange is the New Black (3 seasons)

In this Netflix original series, watch as Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) finds herself getting arrested for a decade-old crime. A privileged New-Yorker turned convict, Piper is sentenced to time in jail and meets a whole lot of 'interesting' woman during her stay at a woman's penitentiary. Season 4 of OITNB is being released some time in early June, giving you just enough time to binge through the first three seasons!

8. House of Cards (4 seasons)

With the Presidential election coming up soon, why not learn a little bit about what really goes on behind closed doors at the White House? I'm kidding, of course, because I really hope this stuff doesn't actually occur in real life. Regardless, watch Kevin Spacey kick some ass in Washington D.C. and manipulate everyone along the way to get to where he wants to be, the President of the United States.

9. Mad Men (7 seasons)

Mad Men follows the life of Don Draper (Jon Hamm), who's an executive in a prestigious advertising agency in New York City during the 1960s. Throughout the series, you'll probably experience times of hate for the man and times of love for him. This show is perfect for binge watching because there are a lot of nuances that are easier to catch when you watch the episodes one after the other.

10. The Office (9 seasons)

With Steve Carell and John Krasinski, this all-star cast makes The Office hilariously addicting. Follow the everyday lives of Michael Scott (Steve Carell) and his employees at Dunder Mifflin, a paper and office supply company. For anyone who thinks they have a lousy boss, this show will (probably) make you appreciate him/her a little more!