10 Things All SCSU Students Missed Over the Summer

Admit it - you're happy to be back

10
JCJ Architecture

As summer comes to an end and a new semester begins, we all find ourselves back to school, whether we like it or not. Regardless of how you feel about starting a new year, there's no doubt that we all missed SCSU and the little things that make our time here worthwhile.

1. The Week of Welcome

There's nothing more exciting than an overwhelming list of activities for students to partake in the first week of classes. Whether you're a commuter or resident, there's always something going on that fits in your schedule. The stickers for free stuff are certainly a great incentive too.

2. The Southern geese

They have a following - literally (@scsugeese). These little rascals make walking to class every bit more entertaining, or terrifying if you're not into birds. They've become our unofficial mascot, probably the closest we'll get to an actual owl.

3. The great parking struggle

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F09%2F01%2F636083515161894941-1400568607_6360835151560782392043176894_635921942330860183-112695484_scsu%2525203.jpg&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=619&h=5e5f70d67887a81325dcce1336ce3e692a3f968e2503c2d7610ccbe950061231&size=980x&c=656561250 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F09%252F01%252F636083515161894941-1400568607_6360835151560782392043176894_635921942330860183-112695484_scsu%252525203.jpg%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D619%26h%3D5e5f70d67887a81325dcce1336ce3e692a3f968e2503c2d7610ccbe950061231%26size%3D980x%26c%3D656561250%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

Ok, I can guarantee you that no commuter misses this, but you gotta admit, the best feeling in the world is getting that great parking spot that doesn't require much walking to your classes. Not to mention, the feeling of relief you get when you make the shuttle.

4. Conn

Conn is the go-to place for students who want an all-you-can-eat, below average, quick meal. It's not ideal dinning but the ice cream does make up for it - and Ms. B.

5. Relaxing in the quad

Nothing says college more than relaxing in the quad with some friends on a nice summer day. It's about time that grass finally grew.

6. Pizza Heaven

Shoutout to Pizza Heaven for feeding the SCSU community one meal at a time. There's nothing better than having a pizza place only a minute from campus that caters nearly every event here. We thank you for your delicious late night pizza deliveries #blessed

7. PB&J Thursdays

Perhaps the biggest perk of having Thursday classes is the free PB&J sandwiches, snacks, and drinks. There's supposedly a snack limit, but you try to run off with as much as you can without ProCon noticing. Most of the time they don't and that makes the outrageous tuition somewhat worth it.

8. Seeing old friends and profs

Finally, you can be reunited with those friends you hadn't seen all summer and pick right up from where you left off. You also are happy to run into familiar faces from former classes and visit your favorite profs.

9. Going to the townhouses

It's the place every resident aspires to stay in someday - and until that day comes, you might as well make the most of townhouse living by partying at one.

10. Getting involved on campus

Southern is what you make of it so it's worth getting involved while you have chance. Whether it's intramural sports, academic clubs, or Greek life, there's something for everyone. The more involved you get, the more likely you will enjoy your time on campus so make the most of this semester!