10 Reasons Why My Sister Being My Best Friend Is The Best

It’s been kind of nice growing up with you sis.

22
photo booth

I had the pleasure of growing up with my favorite person and experiencing almost everything together. I know that I’m pretty lucky that I actually got to live and grow up with my best friend. (Yeah, it’s you Nicole. I know you’re reading this). So for my sister and my best friend and for anyone else who got to grow up and live with their best friend, maybe you can relate to why it was basically the best thing ever.

1. You have a guaranteed supporter

My sister has always been my number one supporter through any and everything in life. She’ll let me know when I have a great idea, she’ll brag about my accomplishments before I get to, and she’ll always give me ways to better the not so good ideas I have. She’s always there cheering me on and it’s nice having her as my number one supporter. It’s one of the many perks of her being my day one and my number one.

2. You have someone to tell all your secrets to

Well maybe not all, but it’s nice that my whole life I had a walking diary that I could trust with my secrets and open up to if need be.

3. You never have to worry about being alone

My sister and I obviously went to the same schools growing up (besides college) and it was nice that no matter what school we went to, we would always have each other. Plus, you always have someone who’s down to do things you want to do. Whether it’s going shopping or just taking a walk, I always had a friend who’d be down just because I asked.

4. You always have extra outfits to choose from

If you’re anything like me, your style consist of a t-shirt and jeans. However, my sister’s style is way nicer so when it comes to family events or going out to eat, I always have that extra closet to help me out.

5. There’s always someone there when you’re going through something

I don’t know how many times I needed a friend and my sister was there. It’s nice having my best friend on speed dial whenever I need her. She’s there for the good times and she’s there for the bad times. She’s even there for those random times where you don’t know why, but you know you need your best friend.

6. You always have someone who’s willing to go on adventures with you

My sister and I like trying new things and it’s nice that whenever one of us wants to go on an adventure, the other is up to it no problem. I want to try a new restaurant? My sister’s there. I want to go to the zoo? My sister’s there. She wants to visit a garden? I’m there. Whatever the adventure is, we always have each other.

7. You have someone you can wake up in the middle of the night

When I’ve had a bad dream or I’m extremely nervous or excited about something, I know I have my sister close enough that I can wake her up and tell her all about it. She may be half asleep and not remember much of it, but she’ll pretend to listen and that’s all I need.

8. You have someone to laugh with constantly

There’s no one that gets my humor the way my sister does and there’s no one I can stupidly dance with while we listen to throwbacks and get ready for work. Whenever I need a laugh or whenever I need to be silly, I know she’ll be down.

9. You always have a photographer

This more applies to my sister who constantly asks for her photo to be taken. (she’ll deny it, but it’s true). And I’m sure it’s great that whenever she pictures a photo in her head that nine out of ten times I’ll be with her and I’ll more than likely take the photograph she’s looking for.

10. You have a friend for life

Luckily, my best friend came into my life three minutes after my life started and it’s been great. I love knowing that I have a forever friend in my sister because no matter what she’s stuck with me and I’m stuck with her. Knowing my favorite person is going to be in my life for forever is probably the best thing about having my sister as my best friend.