10 Reasons Your Little Sister Is The Best Part Of Your Life

Little sisters may get on your nerves, but they are one of God's greatest gifts.

Being the older sister is a very important position in your little sister's life. You make sure that you are living your life in a way so that they follow in your footsteps, because after all, you are their biggest role model! She is someone you can always count on to cheer you up when you are down and she's the person that will help you be a better "big" sister. Having not one, but two of God's greatest gifts is the best blessing I could have ever asked for. Having two little sisters means double the annoyance, double the best friends, and double the two I love with all of my heart. There are many reasons as to why having little sisters is the best blessing and one of God's greatest gifts.

1. She is your FOREVER best friend.

Having little sisters means a lifetime best friend. There are times where your little sisters can annoy you like crazy, but a little sister is that person who will do anything and EVERYTHING with you. Now that I have a little sister, there is my person who I want to be my Maid of Honor in my wedding, someone I can depend on to binge watch Netflix all day long, and someone to pick me up when I am feeling down. I am grateful that God has built that special person into my life. For that, I could not be more grateful.

2. You do embarrassing things together.

Anyone with sisters, in general, will understand this one. Having sisters is the best because out of all of the embarrassing things that you do, there is always no judgment. You can always count on little sisters for saving the ugly Snapchats you send them, and using them as blackmail, but you gotta love 'em.

3. She isn't afraid to tell you when you are being ridiculous.

I have learned since they were born that this is one of the most important reasons when having little sisters. Little sisters keep you at ease and will call you out on your actions if you are acting completely crazy. So thank you, Scout and Jeannette, for always keeping me under control.

4. You were her first friend.

Since the first day your little sister was born, they have been a huge part of your life. You were their first friend, which is a bond that is really hard to break. Knowing that being a big sister means you get to refer yourself as "her first friend", before anyone else, makes your relationship unbelievably special.

5. She knows you better than anyone else.

Little sisters have witnessed anything and everything that you do when not in public. They have watched you cry, they know your weird habits, they have heard how LOUD you snore or talk in your sleep, and most of all - they have probably seen you naked. She knows exactly what things you like and don't like, rather that be gifts or television shows. She has been with you throughout her entire life, so if you are about to get in a frightening mood, then she knows to stay as far away as possible.

6. You miss her when she is gone.

Being a college student can be really tough when you have to be away from your mini-me. Although not having her constantly annoying you can be relaxing, there is always that feeling of secretly missing all of the singing she does, the hourly interruptions when having alone time, and taking all of your clothes. But when away from her, you can't wait to take it all in again!

7. She is someone to grow old with.

Sure you both will probably find a husband and start your own family, but your little sister will forever grow up with you. One day you both will be old ladies who have their own children and grandchildren. She will be by your side for the rest of your life! There is no getting rid of her!

8. She is your personal photographer.

This is a HUGE bonus in having a little sister. You never have to worry about someone taking pictures of you and your friends or boyfriend. The best part is that they know what poses look good and she isn't afraid to let you know if you look beyond stupid.

9. You're on a team.

You take pride in being sisters and you won't let anyone hurt the other. You are always there for her, as she is for you. You are on a team against anyone that puts her down, whether that be her enemies or someone at her school. You are on a team against your parents when it comes to chores or going to bed. You are on a team to better each other and you are on a team to make sure that they have the right goals for a successful future.

10. It is emotional watching them grow up.

From the moment they are born, you wonder what they will be like as they grow older. You wonder how they will be in school, what path their life will go on, and how much they will look like you. You have been with your little sister throughout their entire life and it is upsetting to know that they won't be little forever. You witness them loosing their first tooth, their first day of High School, their heartbreaks, and so much more. Soon, your "little" sisters won't be so "little" anymore. Watching my little sisters grow up is an emotional experience, but is one that is wonderful because of the young women they have become. No matter the age, they will always be your little sisters!