10 Reasons Why Having A Guy Best Friend Is Better Than A Boyfriend

One of the best friendships to have.

1611
Skylar Ray

Having a male best friend is seriously one of the best things that can happen to a girl. It's so nice to have a guy around that you don't have to stress about. I know one of my very best friends in the world is a guy, and I really don't know what I would do without him. I would much rather have a guy best friend than a boyfriend, and this is why.

1. He'll always be there for you

A best friend is way better than a boyfriend. I can say that from experience. When a guy calls you his best friend, he means it. He means he will always be there, no matter what happens. He'll be there through the ups and downs and doesn't expect anything more from you.

2. He'll always be honest with you

Unlike a boyfriend that would lie about things just to make you happy, your guy best friend will tell you how it is. He'll tell you if you look bad in an outfit and won't lie about how your makeup looks. Your male best friend has no reason to lie to you, so you can actually trust his opinions.

3. You can order whatever you want at dinner

Unlike being on a date, going to dinner with your male best friend is the furthest thing from uncomfortable. If you want to order a plate full of wings or a large pizza, guess what? You can. He is just your friend and won't judge you for your eating habits. He'll probably eat it all with you.

4. You can be yourself at all times

Hanging out with your male best friend is so comfortable. You can wear sweats, be crazy, and say anything you want without being judged. Your guy friend obviously likes you for you if he chooses to be your friend, so you have every right to be yourself.

5. He listens to you

Having a guy to spill all your thoughts to is definitely a blessing. You can tell your guy best friend absolutely anything and he'll be there to listen. Whether he's listening to your problems or listening to you talk about the most pointless things, he's there, and that is such a great thing.

6. Your family loves him like their own

Your family knows he'll never hurt you because he's just your friend, so there's no pressure or uncomfortable "meeting the family situations." Your family sees him like a son, which makes things so much better. I know my guy best friend is like my brother. He comes along on family vacations and can walk in my house and hang out, even if I'm not home.

7. There's no drama

Boy drama does not exist when you have a guy friend. You don't have to worry about what girls he talks to and you can rant to him about your relationship issues without worrying about who might find out. There is never drama between you two, and that's just not a reality when you have a boyfriend.

8. You don't have to buy him stupid gifts

When it comes to your guy BFF, there's no need for the stupid gifts you might get a boyfriend. You and your guy friend know you're both single, and you don't feel the need to spend money on each other.

9. You don't have to worry about annoying him

I know I say and do whatever I feel like around my guy best friend. I can text him a million times in a row about stupid things and he won't get annoyed. You don't have to worry about saying the wrong things or being too clingy, because he's your friend and just doesn't care.

10. You don't have to impress him

You never have to worry about how you look around your male BFF. He's seen you at your worst, so need to try to impress him. He's like a brother, so nothing could gross him out. If you want to wear sweats every time you hang out, you can. He won't judge you and he won't stop being your friend because of it.

There really is nothing better than having a guy best friend. Mine is one of my favorite people in the world. He's like my brother and I can count on him for anything. He's always there to listen to my problems and he's always there to make me laugh. He's been there for me through my awkward middle school days, my first breakup, and the day I moved to college. He'll be there on my wedding day and my kids will call him their uncle. I am so grateful for my friendship with him, and that will never change.