10 Reasons Why Every Emo Girl Should Have A Country BFF

Emo and country work out way better than you thought.

313
IC

1. You learn that country music isn't as horrible as you thought it was.

Let's face it. You grew up listening to MCR, Mayday Parade, and NeverShoutNever, and something that you would never be caught dead listening to was that twangy shit you heard of the radio. That is until she showed up and that's all she played. You groaned and complained about it at first but you quickly fell in love with Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, and Jake Owen. Honestly, you knew that in your heart of hearts Crazy Girl by the Eli Young Band was written for you.

2. She teaches you that driving isn't just another day to day thing. It's a wild adventure.

She speeds. A lot. You never thought that you would be in a car going 90 in a 35, let alone racing at 90 in a 35. But you did because of her, and when you scream at the top of your lungs she gets mad and asks you why you screamed cop. "I was winning you asshole," she'll say but you know she loves you. Before her you were a sort of safe driver, but now you like sticking your hand out the window to feel the wind and sometimes even leaning out the window to reach out and grab leaves from the passing trees.

3. Evidently country girls like rap too.

This may come as a surprise but you'll get used to it. Even though you probably won't fall down the rap hole like you did the country hole you'll definitely be entertained by her "Immaculate" rapping skills and this could leave you laughing for hours.

4. You learn what Bonfire means to a country kid

You grew up with a group of friends sitting around a small fire, you love bonfires. So when your country bff invites you to one you think, "This is going to be chill," but you were dead wrong. She's lit the dead tree in her backyard on fire and her big brothers are helping her keep it going large by throwing palettes in it. You never thought something this cool could be contained, but thankfully it is, and you spend the night singing along to some good country music and drinking some good mixed drinks (let's face it. you'd still never get caught dead drinking beer.)

5. You learn how to love the dirt

Yeah, you used to make some pretty mean mud-pies growing up but that could never compare to the fun you can have in it now, as an almost grown up. She teaches you the meaning of the word "mudding," and you love it. Although you still kind of think it's a dumbass move to get your car stuck you now see the fun in it. She teaches you how to love the mud, the dirt, the grass. You could sit outside and take a nap without caring if the sun makes you darker anymore.

6. She shows you that living out in the country side isn't as bad as you thought.

Her family, of course, has a farm. They live out in the country and although you thought that you could never be too far away from the city, you learn to love the country. You fall in love with it's quiet star filled nights and the sound of the coyotes howling in the distance. You fall in love with the simplicity of your surroundings and figure that anywhere can feel like home, even if you thought home would always be a big city.

7. She makes you feel like you aren't an outsider in her small town

Everyone knows everyone in a small town and you felt like a complete outsider when you first visit hers, but she makes you feel so included when she introduces you to everyone she knows, which is (of course) everyone. They wave at you from their passing cars and seem to sincerely care about how your day is going without the slightest bit of judgment.

8. You learn that anything can come in Camo

You never thought that someone would actually own a camo recliner, or that they even make those, but she does, and they do. You love it so much because you get to make a wide variety of jokes that were once limited only to clothing. And although she thinks your jokes are lame she still loves you and sometimes you get a little smile out of her.

9. You learn how to not be afraid of things you once thought you were afraid of

She takes you out on her boat and she promises that she'll take care of you, and she does. You don't know how to swim and you thought that you were afraid of even being inside of the water but she shows you that it isn't scary, just like she shows you that cows aren't as terrifying as you thought they were and that having a little courage can lead to great things.

10. You learn how to not "judge a book"

You thought you hated everything to do with country but you only thought that because you were a little sheep. You learn that listening to country, mudding, boating, etc. can be the funnest and best parts of anything that you do. You love your country BFF for accepting you for who you are and you're happy that they opened your eyes to a whole new and beautiful world.