10 Reasons To Smile

10 Reasons To Smile

Always remember to be happy, you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

711
10 Reasons To Smile
Susanna Halonen - Happyologist

It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, especially as a college student. Even through all of the stress, it is important to remember to find a reason to be happy every single day.

A mentor of mine once said to me, "Always remember to be happy, you never know who is falling in love with your smile." This has stuck with me throughout the years. I have learned how to take a bad day and make it better and I've learned how to keep a smile on my face even on the days when all I want to do is fall apart.

School becomes stressful and sleeping doesn't happen as often as it needs to. So, here are 10 reasons to keep on smiling!

1. There is beauty everywhere, just look around. Watch the sun light up the sky as it falls into darkness. Look at a flower just as it is starting to bloom. Pay attention when your friend laughs, just to see that genuine happiness. There is beauty absolutely everywhere, you just have to look for it.

2. God is on your side. It may not always seem like it, but when you feel like you're drowning in life it usually means that God is preparing you for something amazing.

3. Your smile could make someone's day. If you're having a bad day, odds are that someone else is too. Smile at a stranger, it could be the only act of kindness they receive that day.

4. Smiling can make you happier. That's right, simply smiling has the potential to put you in a better mood. Studies have been done showing that smiling can even lower stress and anxiety. Bonus points if you can get yourself laughing!

5. It's contagious! We all know that yawning is contagious, but not many people think about smiling being contagious. If you can make someone smile just by smiling yourself, why wouldn't you?

6. You're beautiful. That's right, you may not feel like it or believe it when someone tells you, but you are. Remember, beauty is everywhere and you are a part of that beauty.

7. It gives you confidence. Smiling makes people feel comfortable around you, which in turn makes you more comfortable around them.

8. Smiling releases endorphins. Endorphins are natural pain killers and stress relievers! Smiling makes your body release more endorphins and in the words of the great Reese Witherspoon "Endorphins make you happy!"

9. So many people love you. Sometimes it can feel like you are all alone, but you really have so many people in your corner. Call your mom, text your best friend or go talk to your favorite professor. They are all there for you and they want to listen.

10. You never know who could be falling in love with your smile! Your smile is all of your beauty brought together into one simple action. Smiling could be all it takes to find a best friend or the love of your life.

These are just 10 of the thousands of reasons you have to smile. You just have to find one reason to smile each and every day and you will become a much happier person. Try it out and see for yourself!

Are you smiling yet?