10 Reasons We Should All Watch The Olympics

It's getting closer.

221
sportsmirchi

Every four years we sit and wait for the Olympics to come back on. Every four years our anticipation to watch athletes from all over the United States builds up. So why not get ready for the Olympics a little early this year? It only happens every so often. Here's a few reasons why we should all start getting ready for the Olympics.

1. All of the Olympic trials are starting to air on television.

We get the opportunity to watch some of the world's best athletes compete for a spot in the Olympics. Some could be just 15 points shy of their dream of becoming an Olympian, and we get the chance to watch it.

2. You may actually know someone who is competing in the Olympics.

There's not much better than getting to watch a friend or someone you have met before compete for your country.

3. Watching the Olympics makes you want to get up and get active.

Seeing the people compete in the Olympics makes you want to get up and start running around. You want to have the same drive and determination they have after watching them.

4. It will help you develop an appreciation for other countries around the world.

At the opening ceremonies we get to see all the different countries walk out. You develop an appreciation for other countries and their athletes when you watch them compete and walk through the arena. There's talent everywhere.

5. To cheer on our country.

Everyone has their sports teams they want to cheer for, but this is different. You get to cheer on the country you live in. You get to cheer on the good old U-S of A.

6. You gain an appreciation for sports you might not even have known existed.

We all know the sports like basketball, swimming, and gymnastics will be in the Olympics. What about the other sports like archery or badminton? You don't hear about that one every single day.

7. Everyone all over the world will be watching.

It's something we all have in common. We want to watch our country win and succeed in the games.

8. All you have to do is turn on the TV.

It's not hard to watch. You don't have to go to some extravagant location or sports arena to watch them compete. All you have to do is turn it on in the comfort of your own home.

9. It gives you something to watch all the time.

You know it's not super easy to find things to watch on tv all the time. The upside about the Olympics is that it's always on. You always have something to watch and look forward to.

10. You get to be proud of the red, white, and blue.

You get to watch your country compete at the highest level. The best athletes in the country are all together competing against the best athletes from other countries. It's a crazy concept that is worth watching.