10 Reasons Why Riding Public Transportation Is The Worst

There's more than the smells.

329
Meliss Arteaga

Oh the smells, involuntary touching and stares. Although, these are some of the most unpleasant reasons that comes with riding public transportation, they also aren't the most annoying. What's annoying, is telling someone you ride the bus from a long distance and they say "how do you do it?" Nothing, and I mean nothing is more annoying than someone whining about taking the bus, when you do it everyday and don't say a damn thing about it. Nevertheless, this article is about how these trolls are right to complain.

1.When you smell someone's lunch and other's lack of hygiene altogether.

2. When all the seats in the bus are taken.

Only the senior and disabled are available, but you know better than to take those seats because you'll be giving it up for some sweet old lady who has priority over it. To top it off, you're carrying a bag full of rocks (thanks, college).

3. When you make eye contact with an attractive individual, but know you'll never see them again.

Advice: if you see this person everyday, same bus, time and seat (if you're lucky) go ahead and speak to your potential soulmate.

4. You wake up an hour early to get to work or school on time and there is still a delay.

So much for being a responsible human being.

5. When people play their music out loud.

No one wants to hear "Trap Queen" By Fetty Wap at 8 a.m. Put your bluetooth player (or out dated boom box) away please.

6. When you wake up late.

You put on whatever is nearest and run like Forrest Gump to your stop (and pass by someone walking like they've got the time of their life to get to their destination).

7. When you're about to miss your stop.

Exhaustion got the best of you and rush out of the bus and end up leaving your phone behind.

8. When people cover the seat next to them.

If you want your own space, get a car. Advice: If you're sassy and point at the seat next to them, they won't get away with this.

9. Waiting at the bus stop.

Be prepared for awkward conversations and small talk. Advice: Put on your headphone and turn the volume up so that they know you're busy jamming right now (if they still approach you, sorry).

10. Literally, anything could happen.

Predicting what will happen in your trip is impossible. Sometimes you'll be entertained or scarred for life, there is no in between.

Yet, there are plenty of pros when it comes to riding public transportation. Such as, avoiding rush hour while driving, being able to read, catching up on homework and getting to appreciate nature more often. Ride on.