10 Reasons Why I Am Excited For Sophomore Year Of College

Good luck to all my fellow sophomores out there.

292
www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk

We all remember the Sophomore slumps from high school where you aren't an underclassman, but you sure aren't an upperclassman either. You feel like you have most of your basics out of the way, but you aren't in the bulk of your degree yet. I am hopeful that Sophomore year will be better than Freshman year, and here is why:

1. Returning to campus is like returning home.

For some, their campus is like a second home and it brings heart warming memories. Although some live on campus it is still a welcoming environment to be in. You are surround by so many people that have the same drive that you do, unlike in high school when you were forced to be there. College is where you can find your new group of life long friends or get a new hobby. It feels nostalgic being back on campus after summer, its like you're welcomed back with open arms.

2. Seeing your friends.

I have met so many wonderful people within just my first year. I can't wait to see everyone and catch up from the summer. Getting to spend more time with the people that make me feel at home is yet another reason why I can't wait to return. Even if you didn't talk to someone everyday, you both can still stop by and say hi or get coffee. I love that college gives you the ability to meet so many people and make time for them, even if its just a few minutes.

3. Getting back into a routine.

I don't know about most of you, but I love being in a routine. I love going to class, yes sometimes even homework and studying. I just like having something so regular and it comes so natural to me. Plus its much easier knowing that I have to get up at a certain time and have an hourly schedule for each day rather than "playing it by ear".

4. Getting to plan events.

I'm a part of student government and as most Freshman you just help plan events and not make your own. I was given the opportunity to create a few of my own this coming year and I couldn't be more excited. I love being able to have everything organized and communicate with others, so that all of campus can have a great time. And I just like stressful things, I feel that I can handle them in a quick and efficient way.

5. Going to class.

Yet another weird one on my list. I'm only excited because it means that I'm one more step to completing my degree, and then I'm out in the real world. This may scare some people, but it makes me work harder so that I can get that future job. I want to make every part I can positive in college because I know overall, I'm going to become a better person.

6. Staring networking

Most colleges network, but I feel as though mine starts us early to prepare us for what is about to come our way. It gets your mind ready for the real world instead of just reading the books and making power points. I am a hands on learner and I have to actually put myself out there so that I am able to fully comprehend.

7. To meet new people.

Every year brings new people into your life. Meeting new people is such a great way to network and possibly meet a new best friend, or for some even a life partner. I open myself up to new friends because it would be very difficult to meet future bosses or co-workers if you have that closed mind. New people may bring news beliefs into your life or a new outlook.

8. Being more prepared.

Maybe not all, but I'm sure some felt like you were ran over your Freshman year of college- you were just not expecting what was waiting for you. After learning so much about campus and the classes in the past year, I know I will be much more prepared than I was straight from high school. You will learn how to time manage a lot better, and you know what classes you can and can't slack off in.

9. Being able to sign up for new things.

In some areas on campus you can't join until Sophomore year or second semester of Freshman year. So its a lot more exciting when you have more possibilities to work with.

10. Being a Sophomore.

To me I feel like Sophomore year could be the hardest or easiest year. Its the first year that you actually know what you're doing, but nothing is set in stone yet. You are becoming aware of who you want to be as a person. I also feel that no one expects crazy things from you. Like Freshman year everyone expects it to be bumpy or that you better get decent grades. Junior year you have to declare a major and start internships. Senior year is the year you have to work your tail off for, because there's no going backwards afterwards. Sophomore year is hopefully the most chill year of college, because after, you're going to want to jump off a cliff.