10 Reasons Why Being the Girl With Tons Of Guy Friends Is Actually The Best

They're the brothers I never had.

37

As cliché as it sounds, I’ve always found it way easier to get along with guys than to get along with girls. Not that I can’t get along with girls, but I often times feel more comfortable being myself and diving into conversation around a group of guys. With that said, I was always that girl in high school and college who had a big group of really close guy friends. While some people can’t possibly wrap their heads around the thought of a female genuinely being just friends with a guy, let me tell you, it’s the best! And here’s why...

1. You don’t have to worry about looking nice around them.

If I’m going out for a “night on the town” with my boys, the best part is not having to worry about what I look like. Going out with girlfriends is great! But, when you go out with your girlfriends, everyone is making sure they look just as cute as the girl standing next to them. With guys, you don’t have to really worry about that, because they literally have no idea if your top is “so last season” or not.

2. They will actually tell you if you look bad!

With that being said, you can always rely on your guy friends to give their honest opinions about how you look. And they’re the best ones to tell you! They’ll tell you if those high-waisted shorts make your butt look saggy or if your red lipstick looks ridiculous. Girls tend to be more sensitive of their friends’ feelings and avoid telling them that their outfit isn’t so hot. Bring on the honesty, boys!

3. You can vent to them about anything.

That doesn’t mean that they are going to care. The great thing about having a group of guy friends is that they don’t like to gossip. You can vent about anything to them and you know that they aren’t going to repeat it to anyone, mostly, because they don’t care enough to. You also don’t have to worry about getting unwanted advice back, because they surely do not care enough to give it to you. This might sound bad, but trust me, it’s a good thing!

4. They’re spontaneous!

I can honestly say that some of the craziest, most fun, and most spontaneous nights of my life have taken place with my group of guy friends. Boys are nuts and they tend not to think things through all the time. So, I always know when I’m with them, I’m in for a good time.

5. It is like having your own personal creep repellent.

Who in their right mind is going to hit on a girl that is surrounded by a bunch of guys? The answer: no one (most of the time)!

6. They don’t get mad when you don’t call.

If you’re anything like me, you are a terrible communicator. I love my friends, but I can be the worst at keeping in touch with them. When you’re friends with a bunch of guys, they tend to not really care about that. And every time we are all together, it is like picking up right where we left off.

7. You don’t always have to be talking when hanging out.

If there’s one thing that ladies just don’t tend to understand, it’s a comfortable silence. Trust me, I can talk a lot (that’s why I blog), but I get overwhelmed hanging out with people who constantly need to be having a conversation, especially if it’s forced. Being friends with guys often times means sitting around saying absolutely nothing to one another, and to me, that’s perfectly fine.

8. They’ll let you know when you’re being crazy.

Let’s face it, girls can be crazy (mostly because guys make us crazy, but that’s another topic). The great thing about having a bunch of guy friends is that they are able to give you advice from a guy’s perspective. Women tend to over think, over analyze, and jump to conclusions when dealing with relationships. Guys will tell you when you need to relax and even more importantly, when you actually need to be worried. And if you’re acting like a psycho girlfriend, they’ll tell you when it’s time to knock it off.

9. They’ll help you move and carry heavy objects.

I feel like this one doesn’t require further explanation.

10. They’re some of the best friends you will ever have.

Being one of the only girls that been around for a while in my group of guy friends, it’s needless to say that I’m constantly being ridiculed by them. But deep down, I know that my guy friends would do anything for me, and they have been some of the best and most loyal friends that I have ever had.