10 Quotes on Self-Love that You Need to Read Today

26

Self-love is something that many people struggle with everyday. In today's society, due to the influence of the media and idealistic physical values, we are constantly given the impression that we are not good enough. As a result, many individuals experience low self-esteem and lack a sense love for themselves that is necessary for someone to enjoy life. In order to love life and perhaps more importantly to love another person, one must come to peace with oneself and learn to love the qualities that they have.

1. "Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home." ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

2. "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. "To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

4. "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection.' ~Buddha

5. "There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self." ~Hindu Proverb

6. "Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." 
~Veronica A. Shoffstall

7. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” ~Malcolm S. Forbes

8. "Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face." ~Helen Keller

9. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

10. "Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love." ~Karolina Kurkova