10 Proven Methods You Can Use to be 100% Happier

The happier, the better.

10
The Imaginative Conservative

Happiness is a great feeling, but it’s also a feeling that can be hard to achieve when under pressure and sadness. However, finding time to do the following things can make you a happier person and able to face the difficulties in your life.

Experience some blue

Blue has been scientifically proven to increase happiness because of its link to the sky in the afternoon, a successful day, or a good night's sleep. Exposure to the color blue has been proven to reduce stress, increase self confidence, and boost happiness, so take a walk in the afternoon, or go to the bluest beach you can.

Write a checklist of goals

The feeling of accomplishment is an amazing thing, that’s why you should make a checklist of goals that you want to accomplish in a day or in a week, and cross off each one as you finish and see the progress that you have made. Goals help to keep your mind on a clear objective, which has proven to increase happiness.

Get some fresh air

Get a change of environment to keep your mind off your difficulties for some time. Take some time for yourself to cool off like go on a walk or go out to eat. You could also hang out with some friends to keep yourself engaged in other activities seeing as your friends can help you keep your mind off your troubles with an exciting adventure.

Exercise

Studies have shown that exercise can relieve the symptoms of depression. This is due to endorphins being released throughout your body when you perform a physical activity such as running, biking, or dancing. This increases happiness and helps fight bad moods.

Meditate

Meditation has always been considered a proven stress reliever because the activity releases chemicals that cause happiness. These chemicals are endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine, which all work to increase your happiness. You can use a guided meditation on the internet to start off and then use it as a regular stress tool.

Take quick breaks

Taking breaks for a couple minutes at a time in between your stressful work day can be very beneficial in boosting your happiness. Watching a funny video, taking a quick walk, or just closing your eyes for several minutes can increase your work pace after you get back and can equally increase your happiness.

Write down your happiness

Write down every reason why you have to be happy, and everything that has been positive in your life. Make a list and keep it in an easily accessible place to look at when you’re upset, or need a reminder of everything you have to live for. Acknowledging this increases self-awareness, which has shown to increase happiness and decrease depression.

Don't let in the negativity

Don’t let others’ negativity towards you or the world affect you. You know what you have to be thankful for about yourself and the world, so use that knowledge to flush out the rest of the negativity you might be affected by. Being confident about yourself and your believes are the best way to combat any negativity and drastically increase your happiness.

Express your creativity

Taking some time to sing, dance, or do some artwork can help put your brain at ease so that you feel refreshed and ready to battle the world again. Simple tasks such as these can help you feel calm and help you regain your happiness by relieving stress and depression.

Dream an adventure

Visioning yourself going on the adventure of a lifetime can help make you feel happy, even if you don’t actually go on the adventure. Plan out everything you would do, see, and meet. Dream yourself doing the impossible. It can be as magical as you want it, such as visiting another universe. This is a great method of recovering your happiness while having a great time.