10 Places to visit in Rajasthan for a Surreal Experience

Rajasthan Tourism is considered one of the vibrant and richest among various Indian tourist places.

47

There are grand forts to cherish, desert safaris for adventure, fairytale palaces, bustling marketplaces and a lot of festivals - in total, a tour to Rajasthan is no less than a full package of life experiences.

Places to visit in Rajasthan 

The most common adventurous things to encounter here are camels and hot-air balloon rides. There are various folk dances in every region of Rajasthan but the most famous Ghoomar can steal your heart. For foodies, Rajasthani food is favourite due to its spicy taste. To help you better in your Rajasthan tour we have created a list of top places that you can include in your Rajasthan Trip Packages.

1. Jaisalmer: The Golden City of India, Jaisalmer lies in the heart of the Thar desert. The beautiful sand dunes when exposed to the sunlight creates a golden appearance to this place. Exuberant forts, grand palaces and temples all speak volumes about the richness of Jaisalmer. The best time to visit this place is between November to March. There is an annual desert festival that is organised in January and February in the fort city. For a surreal experience you can consider a camel safari and camping.

2. Jaipur: Known as Pink City, Jaipur is one of the most popular among tourists. The city has a courageous historical background and vibrant culture. If you would like to visit some of the best places in Rajasthan then the capital city will help you with that. You can visit City Palace, Jantar Mantar Observatory, Amber Fort and Palace, and Birla Mandir. Best time to visit Jaipur is from October to March. In Jaipur you can shop for Rajasthani crafts, textiles, and gems.

3. Jodhpur: This beautiful city was the centre of power of the then Mewar kingdom. It has very beautiful forts, palaces, and temples to enchant you. This is the most enhancing city of Rajasthan and is famous for Mehrangarh fort that overlooks the city. The other visiting places here are Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mandore Gardens, and Jaswant Thada. For a pleasant experience the best time to visit is October to March.

4. Ajmer: This place is mainly famous from religious point of view as the famous Dargah Sharif is located here. This is the sacred shrine of Sufi Saint Moinuddin Chishti. If you have some spiritual quest then visiting this place is suggested. This is the most popular place among many in Rajasthan. You can attend a Qawali programme at Dargah Sharif. Also, you should not miss the Ana Sagar Lake of Ajmer for a surreal experience.

5. Udaipur: This city is the Venice of East and has amazing landscapes. The rich colour and colourful history of Rajasthan can be experienced in its palaces. You can spend your day at the various lakes here, like Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar, and Udai Sagar Lake. The amazing City Palace, as well as, Monsoon Palace give a great insight into the rich culture of the place and are one of the places to visit in Rajasthan. If you are a fan of vintage cars then the Vintage Car Museum is the site for you.

6. Mount Abu: This is the only hill station in Rajasthan and due to the same reason it is very popular as a tourist place for whoever is visiting Rajasthan in the summer season. The lush green mountains make this place surreal and it has many attractive sites here for sightseeing purposes. The most famous places in Mount Abu are Dilwara temple, Nakki Lake, Guru Shikhar, Mount Abu wildlife sanctuary etc.

7. Ranthambhore: It is India's best tiger reserve because the nature of tigers of this place is very friendly and you can have a glimpse of tigers while enjoying Safari. The amazing flora and fauna makes this place surreal and makes it very diverse. You can also visit Ranthambore Fort that was built in the 10th century apart from Padam Lake which is the best place for sightseeing and bird watching.

8. Chittorgarh: This is famous as one of the oldest cities of India. Chittorgarh is home to many heritage forts, castles, and monuments with tales and fables of fearlessness and sacrifice. If you want to endure something breathtaking about Rajasthan, Chittorgarh is one of the most valid places to visit. The city is the birthplace of many historical brave personalities including Maharana Pratap & Meera Bai. You should also visit the stunning Chittorgarh Fort, Fateh Prakash Palace, Rana Kumbha's Palace, and Rani Padmini's Palace.

9. Pushkar: The only Brahma temple in the world is in Pushkar. Nearby the temple is the Pushkar Lake which is a very holy Hindu site with 52 ghats ( made of stone staircases) where pilgrims take a bath. The place is surrounded by hills and is known for its surreal beauty. While visiting Ajmer you can also tour Dargah Sharif and gain some spiritual experience. You should not miss the beautiful Ana Sagar lake while coming back to Pushkar to Ajmer.

10. Alwar: If you are travelling from Delhi to Rajasthan then Alwar is the first city you will come across of Rajasthan. Alwar is recognised for tourism with fortifications such as the famous Bhangarh fort, lagoons, and nature reserves like the Sariska Tiger Reserve and heritage buildings called Havelis. Alwar is called The Tiger Gate of Rajasthan. Surrounded by Aravali hills, Alwar is also the hub of many heritage sites.