10 People I'd Vote For Before Trump

10 People I'd Vote For Before Trump

FYI: It wasn't easy narrowing it down to 10.

27
By Gage Skidmore, CC BY-SA 3.0

This election has been quite the whirlwind. It might even be funny if it weren't so scary. Very few people are happy with either candidate, but you have to admit... One is far worse than the other. In fact, here are 10 people I'd vote for before I'd vote for Donald Trump.

1. The server that got my order right the other day at a restaurant.

I may have only interacted with him for a total of 25 minutes, but at least he cares enough to get customers what they ordered. Not to mention he's working hard to make a living for himself, and understands the lives of the working and middle classes.

2. My teenage brother.

He wants you vote this election season. Just kidding, he's not even close to 35. I'm well aware that he is not old enough to run for president, but I'd honestly feel more comfortable with him in office. He might wake up at 10 a.m. every day, but at least I know he's well rested. He might blast music and shred on the electric guitar for hours each day, but at least I know he's persistent and focused. And at the very least, he isn't blinded by his ignorance.

3. Jennifer Lawrence.

Two things I know about Jennifer Lawrence: she's phenomenal at acting, and she supports equal pay. She takes what she does seriously, but she's also not afraid to make fun of herself. This last part is very important because the White House is no place for thin-skinned people.

4. Louis C.K.

He just seems like a good guy. Have we ever had a red-headed president? If we have, it's been a while. It might be a nice change to see some fiery hair in the oval office. And at least his speeches would be fun to listen to. You'd probably burn some calories laughing.

5. Meredith Grey.

OK, I'm not joking about this one. I would be so happy to have Meredith Grey as our president. She might have emotional breakdowns sometimes, and she might be "dark and twisty," but she's smart. She's caring. She takes command. I would vote for her, and if it's not too much to ask, I also want to be her best friend. Maybe we should pay Ellen Pompeo to run for president as Meredith Grey.

6. Bo and Sunny.

In case you don't know, these are the names of the Obama's dogs. Yes. I would vote for dogs before I would vote for Donald Trump. I know they're not technically people, but they are man's best friend, after all. That has to count for something. They're also familiar with the White House already, which is a great quality to have.

7. Kim Kardashian.

Not kidding. It was a close call, but after a couple minutes of pondering, Kim won. She may spend too much money on clothes and makeup and hair, and she may have a meltdown every once in a while, but she's family-oriented, she's decisive, and she's definitely not racist. Yep, Kim wins.

8. Oprah.

Who wouldn't vote for Oprah if she ran for president? I mean, the woman seems to have the answer to everything! She's powerful, she's generous ("You get a car! And you get a car!"), and she's genuinely interested in the lives of others. Oprah, please run for president.

9. Regina George.

She's an awful human being. She might talk behind your back and put you in her burn book, but at least she doesn't say those things to your face...

10. Hillary Clinton.

You had to know this was coming. While Hillary may not be your favorite person—while you may sulk and moan about how much you dislike her—you have to admit she's the obvious choice. You can't deny that she's one of the most qualified politicians. She understands the responsibility that goes with being president after serving as First Lady, and perhaps most importantly, I have confidence that she won't start a nuclear war.

There are dogs on this list, there are uppity celebrities—even my teenage brother made the list! But I never said I wouldn't vote. Because that, in fact, is a vote for Trump.