10 Must-Watch Movies For October

10 Must-Watch Movies For October

​October is here, Halloween and cold weather is closing in on us so why not get spooky!

459
10 Must-Watch Movies For October
Taylar Banks

Spooky time had approached us. If you're having one of those days where you want to watch a good movie that gives you Halloween vibes then this is the perfect list for you. Here are 10 mixes of Halloween favorites and classics along with a few scary movies.

1. Hocus Pocus

This is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Hocus Pocus is about a boy named Max Dennison who went to an abandoned house with his little sister Dani and a girl from his school named Alison.

Long story short there's a black flame candle and a wise tales says that if a virgin lights the candle the witches who lived in that house will come back. Of course, Max lit the candle and the witches have returned.

The 3 kids have to find out a way to get rid of them before they suck the souls out of all the children in Salem. Of course with the help of their newly found friend Binx who is a talking cat that was cursed by the witches many years ago.

2. Halloween Town

Another Disney classic!

A young teen named Marni learns that she is a witch. After her discovery, she has to help save a town from supernatural creatures..... 3 times! One movie wasn't enough. If you want to be put in the Halloween spirit, Halloween Town is perfect!

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Disney can't let anyone down as far as Halloween movies go!

This is a Tim Burton movie so of course, the animation is pretty rad. The Nightmare Before Christmas is about a town that celebrates Halloween every day. (Can you imagine how exciting that would be?)

Jack Skellington (The Pumpkin King) sends a couple trouble maker kids to go to Christmas Town and kidnap Santa Claus. With Santa no longer being in Christmas town Jack decides to try and be the new Santa. Things go terribly wrong and Halloween town only has a few days to make things right.

4. IT

Whether you prefer the 2017 version or the 1990 version is up to you. However, what screams Halloween more than a demented clown that lives in the sewer system and comes out every 27 years to feast for an entire year on children?

It's not a coincidence that the 2017 version came out 27 years after the 1990 version. Never underestimate the power of Stephen King.

4. Halloween (Series)

There are many movies in the series but overall, this is the summary of how it all began.Michael Myers brutally murdered his 17-year-old sister, Judith when he was 6 years old. He was sentenced and locked away for 15 years.

When he was 21 he was being transferred for a court date however, Michael steals a car and escapes. He returns to his hometown of Haddonfield, Illinois, where he looks for his next victims. From here he goes on a killing spree.

5. Friday The 13th

There's a 1980 version and a 2009 version. No matter which you choose, Jason is still out to kill everyone.

Jason drowned as a boy at Camp Crystal Lake due to the neglect of the camp staff. Decades later, the lake is rumored to be cursed and is the setting for a series of mass murders. He shows no mercy whatsoever he just wants you dead typically in the worst way possible.

6. Jeepers Creepers

This is a movie I need to add to the list because I haven't seen it.

Jeepers Creepers is about an ancient demon who feeds on the flesh and bones of humans for 23 days every 23rd spring. What could possibly go wrong? AND they just recently came out with Jeepers Creepers 3!

7. The Addams Family

Personally, this is my favorite TV family.

This is about a dark family that many consider to be a little odd. They lack a lot of emotion but absolutely love pain.

Follow the journey as they try to stop an imposter of Uncle Fester (the bald guy) in one movie and try to take down Fester's wife Debbie, Wednesday and Pugsley do everything they can to get out of camp in another!

Of course with a little-added darkness.

8. Charlie Brown: It's The Great Pumpkin

Oh, another classic! Who doesn't love The Peanuts?

The gang prepares for Halloween. Linus and Lucy go to a pumpkin patch to find a pumpkin. Lucy picks the biggest one she can find.

Linus writes his annual letter to The Great Pumpkin. No one supports Linus with his letters because they all think it's fake besides Charlie's little sister Sally who has a crush on Linus.

You'll have to watch for yourself to find out more!

9. Casper

Classic classic classic. Is it really October if you don't watch Casper?

Shame on you if you don't know what Casper is about but I'll tell you anyway.

Casper is a kind young ghost who peacefully haunts a mansion in Maine. When specialist James Harvey moves into the mansion he brings along his daughter Kat.

Casper quickly falls in love with Kat but it's complicated because he's a ghost and also because his troublemaking uncles are at the mansion as well stirring up trouble.

10. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

This 1974 movie is based on a true story and there's a 2003 version. Yup, there was a horrific massacre in Texas and a chainsaw was involved.

A girl named Sally hears her grandfather's grave may have been vandalized. She sets out with her brother Franklin and their friends to investigate.

They take a detour to their family's old farmhouse and quickly discover a group of crazed, murderous outcasts living next door.

The group is attacked one by one by the chainsaw-wielding "Leatherface" who wears a mask of human skin. Yup, HUMAN skin. The survivors have to do whatever they can in order to escape. Blood guts and gore galore.

Now, of course, these are just a few movies. I challenge you to try and watch a few along with a bunch of other scary/Halloween/fall type of movies!

There are so many other good ones that I didn't put on here but there's so many to explore!

My mission is to explore scary movies! I've always been scared of them but what better time of the year to scare myself to death?

Enjoy October and experiment different movies during this chilly and cozy season!