10 Foods Every Person Needs To Try At Penn State

Did you even visit Penn State if you haven't eaten any of these?

72

Penn State is known for a lot more than just its football team. Downtown comes with a long strip of a variety of food places that are basically the foundation of Penn Staters. If you go to school here or even if you're just visiting, you need to try these foods or else you are not truly experiencing the true Penn State experience:

1. Pokey Stix

It may just look like normal cheese sticks, but to us Penn Staters, it is cheesy heaven. They are the biggest icon food at Penn State and are an absolute must!

2. Chicken basket

If you have ever been to a football game then you know that these are a necessity. The chicken and fries just taste better in the stadium, and no one can tell you otherwise.

3. Baby's milkshakes

This small old '50s diner is more than meets the eye. Their shakes are to die for and dare I say may be even better than creamery milkshakes!

4. The Field milkshakes....and burgers....and everything there 

Absolutely anything you get at The Field will be fantastic. Creamery styled, fancy milkshakes? They have it. A ginormous pretzel? They have it. The best burger in the world? They got it.

5. Creamery ice cream

This is clearly an obvious, but no one will truly understand the greatness of Penn State ice cream until it dances all around their tastebuds!

6. Sticky buns

Even though The Diner is closed, the buns still live on and for a good reason. The sticky buns are by far some of the best ever made--especially when they are warmed up with some vanilla Creamery ice cream on top!

7. Pizza cone

What could be better than pizza in the shape of a cone? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

8. Are U Hungry Ecstasy Fries

This goes out to all my bacon, cheddar, ranch loving people. All of that on top of waffle fries basically screams the best thing my mouth could ever handle.

9. Canyon Pizza

Even though it is an ongoing joke about having Canyon when you are sober. you should still stop by this iconic spot and grab a slice and get a pepperoni roll. You won't regret...unless you're sober.

10. College Pizza

In all honesty, probably one of the best pizzas, even when you're sober! It is still on the same level as Canyon but definitely more tolerable and delicious!