10 Movies To Watch with Your Dad

10 Movies To Watch with Your Dad

Because I already wrote something about moms

406
10 Movies To Watch with Your Dad
amc.com

Now that I did "10 Songs to Sing in the Car with Your Mom", I can't leave out the dads. I personally LOVE movies. Most of my movie education has been from my dad. So here's a list of movies that I would recommend watching with your dad.

1. "Top Gun"

"Top Gun" came out in 1986 and stars the beautiful young Tom Cruise. It’s a movie about fighter planes, action, adventure, that catchy Kenny Loggins, big hair, testosterone tomfoolery, and that volleyball scene. It’s a great movie even if your dad didn’t make you watch it as a kid I would recommend.

2. "Jaws"

"Jaws" is a masterpiece of a movie from director Steven Spielberg, starring Roy Schneider that came out in 1975. The film also was followed by a few other movies that don’t even compare to the first as well as an overall fear of sharks and tons of other movies in which sharks are the bad guys. Watching it now, the “special effects” are laughable. But it made tons of people scared to go to the beach for a while…probably including your dad (but not mine though, or so he says).

3. "Rocky"

"Rocky" is a 1976 film starring Sylvester Stallone and another super catchy song. It’s still one of the greatest movies of all time today with it’s inspirational story line and awesome film score. The film was closely followed by four other fantastic movies with more great characters and story lines and film scores. It was later followed by two more movies that got good reviews and my dad and I loved them and we’re "Rocky" experts so there you go.

4. "Big"

"Big" came out in 1988 and stars Tom Hanks. It’s a heart-warming classic that reminds us all how awesome it is to be a kid. You’re dad might throw this one on to remind you how lucky you are to me young…but he also might change the channel at some parts because he’s got to protect you. :)

5. "The Terminator"

"The Terminator" came out in 1984 and stars the action movie governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. This is a great action-packed movie and is so much fun to watch and it’s a classic. Complete with famous one-liners (“I’ll be back”) and special effects (the scene where he fixes his eye after a fight you know what I’m talking about)

6. "Turner and Hooch"

Tom Hanks returns to our list in the heart-wrenching 1989 film "Turner and Hooch". This movie tells the story of an uptight cop trying to solve a murder case where the only witness is a big lovable dog, named Hooch who also teaches the cop to lighten up along the way. If you want to try to make your dad cry, turn on this movie it might work.

7. "James Bond"

There have been 26 James Bond movies made in the past 53 years with 12 actors. These movies are always thrilling and action packed and also have yet another catchy song. But you can’t watch just any James Bond movie. My personal favorites are "Thunderball" and "Die Another Day". Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and Pierce Bronson are the best James Bonds also. So if you’re looking for a good one to watch, you probably can’t go wrong with one of the ones they’re in.

8. "A Few Good Men"

The lovely young Tom Cruise returns to our list in the 1992 drama "A Few Good Men". The film tells the story of a military lawyer trying to defend two marines accused of murder. But we’re all watching for Demi Moore being an awesome lawyer and (most importantly) for Jack Nicholson yelling “You can’t handle the truth!”

9. "The Game Plan"

Finally out of the 20th century for the 2007 comedy about football and family "The Game Plan". This movie stars the always funny and always badass Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson and the adorable Madison Pettis. This movie tells the story of a self-absorbed football player who finds out he has an 8-year-old daughter with his ex-wife. This movie is both hilarious and heartwarming. Also my sisters and I forced our dad to take us to see it when I was 10 and he loved it so it was a success.

10. "Cheesy Halloween/Christmas Movies"

Dad’s- along with a lot of other people- love the holidays. I asked around and other peoples’ dads enjoyed the cheesy scary movies and the sappy Christmas movies, too. Some good ones include "Halloween", "The Amityville Horror", "Dracula", "Frankenstein", "Scream", "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", "The Grinch", and "Rudolph" (okay maybe the last one is only my dad). These are great movies to turn on and watch with your dad around the time when family matters to remind him how much he matters.