10 Life Lessons Dance Marathon Has Taught Me

You are part of something that is bigger than yourself.

57

Dance Marathon has changed lives in more ways than one. Not only does it change the children's lives, but it changes the lives of everyone who partakes in it. Dance Marathon is about celebrating life all year long while providing financial and emotional support for children and families in the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

Here are some of the life lessons that Dance Marathon can teach you.

1. Everything is for the kids.

Is there really such things as saying "FTK" too many times? The answer is no. Your fundraising, dancing, standing, and overall support is for the kids and that is so important.

2. You can change lives.

There is no such things as a donation that is too small. Even sharing someone's donor drive link can open people's eyes to this incredible organization. The power is in your hands.

3. You're only as strong as your support system.

No one can go through life alone. Having someone there for you through life events is the greatest blessing.

4. Standing for hours is actually not that hard.

The children that Dance Marathon are fighting the battle of their lives. It makes your day of standing and dancing look like a piece of cake.

5. Dance Marathon is not a one day event.

Dance Marathon is about proving emotional and financial support to families who need all year round.

6. Always be grateful for what you have.

Don't advantage of the people, things, and opportunities that you have in your life. It's not always that easy for other people.

7. Get out of your comfort zone.

Dance Marathon can teach you to meet new people and try new things if you'll let it.

8. Don't settle.

Never give up. Never stop fighting. And never underestimate what you can do in this life.

9. You can be part of something that is bigger than just yourself.

This organization has spread, grown, and evolved into something amazing. You are part of something that is huge.

10. You can give people hope.

Your standing, dancing, fundraising, and support can give demonstrate how much you believe in this thing that is bigger than just yourself.

Dance Marathon has the power to impact so many people's lives if they'll let it. I fully encourage everyone to get involved in one way or other to experience this celebration of life.