10 Horror Movies For Couples That Are Guaranteed To Deliver Chills And Thrills On Date Night

Choose a film that your scream queen will love!

5285
10 Horror Movies For Couples  That Are Guaranteed To Deliver Chills And Thrills On Date Night

According to psychologists, there is a greater chance someone will develop romantic feelings or a connection for another if they watch a scary movie together. The anxiety and fear they experience will echo responses to love. Watching horror films releases dopamine, which makes people feel good (similar to when followers like Instagram pictures) and increases attraction. Viewers of scary flicks will also feel more trusting with each other, less stressed, willing to discuss their fears, and also see how their date reacts intense situations. Here are 10 horror movies that couples or friends need to watch together to spark their relationship.

1. Sleepy Hollow

This film is based on the novel "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving. There is plenty of action, scares, and mystery, along with fascinating characters. If you are a fan of the genre, the combination of horror elements, fantasy, and romance makes it a perfect choice for date night.

2. The Invitation

If you want a film that will deliver scares and thrills because it reflects the dangers that can occur in reality, then here is one. It delivers on emotions between the characters without revealing exposition. This is not just a movie that only focuses on the scares. The suspenseful build up is what makes it such a unique horror story.

3. Rosemary's Baby

Married couples would enjoy this classic horror movie since the plot of the story is centered on one. Horror ensues when the couple plans to have a child. The film is brilliantly directed. Check out this one if you enjoy scare movies with twists.

4. Halloween (1978)

If couples are looking for a horror movie with suspense, then you should check out this one. It is also great if you are a fan of John Carpenter's films. Halloween is one of the originators of the slasher genre. The story involves serial killer Michael Myers a.k.a The Shape who returns to Haddonfield Illinois, fifteen years after he was committed for murdering his sister.

5. Drag Me to Hell

Most films by Sam Raimi are perfect choices for date night, including this one. Raimi delivers his unique style of horror in this thriller that has plenty of scares, a little humor, and supernatural elements to keep your attention. The theme of eating disorders and nourishment is conveyed throughout the movie. For those who have struggled with this problem, the movie gives the audience something to connect to, while telling a story filled with shocking moments and a powerful conclusion.

6. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

If you are a fan of 'Scream', then you will likely enjoy this mockumentary black comedy slasher movie. Even though the title is ridiculous, the plot is very interesting. The story involves a guy who is obsessed with horror icons as he trains to become a slasher. The cast features unknown talents, aside from cameo appearances. This is a meta-horror film that answers the questions that audiences have about the slashers they watched in the last 20 years.

7. Queen of the Damned

Couples will enjoy this early 2000's horror film adaptation of the novels by Anne Rice and sequel to 'Interview with a Vampire'. The late pop music icon Aaliyah stars as vampire queen Akasha. Problems begin after she is woken from her slumber by rock star vampire Lestat. Horror cliches, fun music, and the mythology of vampires are brought together in this strange, but entertaining movie.

8. The Awakening

If horror movies with supernatural elements interest you, then you will like this one. The story is centered on the spirit of a child and a woman that investigates the paranormal events happening at a boarding school. There are scares, but nothing too suspenseful. Overall, an enjoyable film that is worth seeing once.

9. When A Stranger Calls

This is a horror movie that will keep couples entertained. The story revolves around a babysitter that gets a phone call from inside the house. It is a remake of the 70's horror classic with the usual clichés. It can get confusing at times, but if you enjoy loud psychological thrillers, you might want to check this one out.

10. The Cabin in the Woods

If you want to see a horror movie with your significant other that balances out screams and laughter, then you should watch this film. It is an interesting horror-comedy that features unsettling visuals, comic relief, jump scares, and incorporates technology as well. This film is a unique and satirical take on the horror trope of isolated locations, movie monsters and horror films in general. It will make you scream and possibly question the films genius and crazy ending.

From Your Site Articles