10 Things That Make The Holidays Worth It

Kick that Scrooge attitude!

23
Themes.com

Sometimes it's pretty easy to get sick of the whole holiday hoopla. Of course it is a jolly, and very spiritual, time for some people, but the colored lights, heartwarming commercials, and insane amount of cinnamon scented everything can get pretty stale. These possible pros are sure to outweigh the Christmas cons of even the most serious of scrooges.

1. Sales. Sales Everywhere.

Since most businesses want to cash in on the holiday spirit with store-wide sales, this opens the opportunity for some sneaky shopping on your part. That jacket you've been eyeing? Now its half off and you can get a box of candy canes free!

2. Extra Pounds? More like Winter Layer.

For those of us who haven't quite shaken off the extra weight that comes with thanksgiving feasting, the time of fasting has ended. Those extra pounds are now a winter layer that will keep you warm! Now the Christmas feasting is all for the cause.

3. The Good the Bad and the Sweaters.

Now that the weather has cooled off, the time for ugly, and maybe not so ugly, sweaters has come. Nothing quite matches up to the comfort of sweater weather, especially the sweater part. Sweaters: 1 Cold Weather: 0.

4. Two Words: Coffee Anytime.

The weather is cold, fresh coffee is hot. That's it. The time is right to enjoy coffee at any time of the day without any judgement, just try not to break the bank with thrice a day Starbucks.

5. Chocolate Anyone?

So coffee is now an anytime drink, but what beverage could be a substitute? Hot Chocolate is already common this time of year, so now is the chance to drink a half gallon of the stuff-guilt free. Well, maybe not guilt-free, but that hasn't stopped me yet.

6. Make Time for Tea.

It comes in many different flavors and types and completes the Holy Trinity of hot beverages. Hot tea is great for taking off the chill this time of year, plus it comes in decaf! Hot drinks are now socially acceptable at all hours of the day.

7. Can't Handle the Candles.

No matter how much you claim to hate them, everybody has a guilty pleasure scented candle they enjoy. This time of year is the perfect time to burn seven Yankee Candles at once! Why? Uh, warmth. Yeah, that's what I'm sticking to.

8. Peppermint Everything.

Yeah yeah yeah, I complained about cinnamon everything earlier, but honestly, who likes eating Red Hots or cinnamon flavored fudge? If you answered yes, I here by invalidate your opinion. Peppermint flavored, scented, and colored everything is superior.

9. Family Fun Time.

Spending time with loved ones you haven't seen in a while is great! The fun may end after fourteen consecutive days of your family questioning your life choices, but the catching up and ability to avoid them for another year is pretty nice.

10. Sweet Sweet Physical Possessions.

Alright, no matter how much you may hate the consumerism holiday that Christmas has become, everyone likes getting stuff. You may strongly disagree with gifts, but you can still accept them and disagree. If you disagree that much, I'm taking donations.