10 Fun Fall Activities

10 Fun Fall Activities

Can you already smell the cinnamon spice candles?

24
10 Fun Fall Activities
Maria Khan

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons! There is just something about seeing the leaves on the ground and wearing my favorite leather jacket. It just puts me in a good mood. Unlike winter, fall has weather that is tolerable. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not look forward to nose icicles and black ice when winter arrives. I can tolerate the snow, from afar. There's just something about seeing the Boston Commons, Beacon Hill and The North End covered in foliage. It's simple but beautiful. The smell of cinnamon and spice candles just sets a calming mood for the rest of the day. Here are some ideas for things to do in the fall!

1. Take a stroll through Harvard's Arnold Arboretum located in Jamaica Plain.

2. Go apple picking! Who doesn't like apple pie with a bit of vanilla ice cream on the top?

3. Actually make a pie! Why stop at apple pie? There's pumpkin, blueberry, etc!

4. Have a movie marathon! Whether it's a scary halloween movie or a fun Disney movie, take a day to relax and kick back!

5. Visit your local coffee shop and just read a book! Sometimes it's nice to disconnect from your phones and just read. Or you can people watch, don't act like you've never done it!

6. See a theater performance! It doesn't have to be an expensive show. Check if your school does discount ticket for students!

7. College Nights at a local museum! The Museum of Fine Arts and Museum of Science hold special overnight events for college students. Just check your local area if there are any special events for adults, kids, etc.

8. Visit local thrift/vintage shops, you never know what you may find! It's okay if you have only twenty dollars in your pocket, but don't get any ideas about popping tags from Macklemore.

9. Explore a farmer's market. Local, affordable, and farm-grown? Sounds good to me!

10. If you don't like the farmer's market or don't like cooking, visit a food festival or brewery!

These are just some ideas for fall activities! They seem fun, affordable and simple! Try new things this fall, it may lead to a new hobby or interest.