10 Feels You Get When You're Trying To Lose Weight

It's an long battle, and we are hoping for all downhill numbers.

135
Unsplash

Losing weight is HARD. The scale feels like a never ending battle. Choosing a banana over ice cream never gets easy; however, nothing compares to the progress you are making. While our end goals might be different, everyone losing weight can relate to these 10 feelings.

1. The feeling of guilt.

Yep. We've all felt guilty after sneaking a quick bite of ice cream from the fridge or a piece of chocolate from the cabinet. Then, we feel even more guilty when we decide not to log it in our calorie counter because we don't want to face the grave reality that the spoon full of frosting was more calories than our whole lunch.

2. The feeling of exhaustion.

Sometimes working out is especially hard. After it is done, it is worth it, but some days putting on the running shoes or making it to the gym feels more pitiful than ever.

3. The feeling of pride.

Everyone should feel proud of themselves, but showing off your weight loss never seems too humble. Go ahead, boast.

4. The feeling of longing.

Weight loss can feel like a slow transition when you were hoping it would happen over night. It just takes a little patience, time, acceptance.

5. The feeling of disappointment.

Yes, we do not always make our goals every week. This can feel disappointing, but do not let it control you're desire for a healthier lifestyle. Weight loss is not always a descending correlation, sometimes it resembles more of a heart beat.

6. The feeling of excitement.

On the flip side, there is no other feeling like proving to yourself that you can do it! Every time you meet a goal, I know you do a dance by your scale. Or, at least I do.

7. The feeling of adrenaline.

It takes a lot of persistence to achieve major weight loss. During a long run, or good workout at the gym it seems like adrenaline kicks through your veins to give you an extra push. It is your body's way of saying, "You CAN do this!"

8. The feeling of I could really use a Coke right now.

Long day at work? Super tired? There is nothing like a Cold Coke to wake you up. Unfortunately, pop is one of the worst things for you! Replace with a skim milk coffee or a diet coke every now and then.

9. The feeling of my Fitbit is my life.

We all check our Fitbit's at least 20 times a day. it is a mix between obsession and curiosity.

10. The feeling of accomplishment.

Oh, yes this is the greatest feeling. Knowing you are in control of your own life. Knowing you accomplished something to better yourself. Knowing that because you live a healthier lifestyle, you can have a better tomorrow.